How long for UCAS to check my PS for plagarism?

Watch
whufc_32
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How long does UCAS take to check and confirm that my personal statement was not plagiarized?
For3igner
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I think it’s usually automatic and they send your statement back if it is
.N.A.
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
If you don't plagiarise, I guess the amount of time UCAS takes to check won't matter
For3igner
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by .N.A.)
If you don't plagiarise, I guess the amount of time UCAS takes to check won't matter
oooooooo GOOD COMMENT 😝😝😝
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Not sure about the timings, but they notify your uni choices who then decide what action to take.
Year12Studentt
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I was thinking the same thing. I applied last year and underneath ‘Similarity Report’ it said “no similarities detected”. I applied again this year and there are no words underneath the report. I know for certain that my statement is all my own work, I’m just concerned as to why it doesn’t say no similarities detected.
ColtTheWolf
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by .N.A.)
Well, it does because it's possible to get a hit for plagiarising when you haven't intentionally done it. Also, some people might just be anxious and want to know a cutoff time to be able to tell themselves it's safe!
whufc_32
Rep:
(Original post by Year12Studentt)
I was thinking the same thing. I applied last year and underneath ‘Similarity Report’ it said “no similarities detected”. I applied again this year and there are no words underneath the report. I know for certain that my statement is all my own work, I’m just concerned as to why it doesn’t say no similarities detected.
Yeah same for me
For3igner
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by whufc_32)
Yeah same for me
Where are you able to check this?
whufc_32
Rep:
(Original post by For3igner)
Where are you able to check this?
Go onto UCAS student hub and scroll down to you personal statement.
sgrwgfsdgtr
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I submitted my application two days ago.
When I go to the section of Personal Statement, it's BLANK and does not state "NO PLAGIARISM WAS FOUND".
OMG does it mean I am doomed???

Applying from Canada, really wanna go to the UK.
flaurie
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sgrwgfsdgtr)
I submitted my application two days ago.
When I go to the section of Personal Statement, it's BLANK and does not state "NO PLAGIARISM WAS FOUND".
OMG does it mean I am doomed???

Applying from Canada, really wanna go to the UK.
i mean... if you didn't plagarise then you probably have nothing to worry about
PQ
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
The checking by the software is pretty much instant but UCAS don’t flag it as plagiarism until a person has checked the report. That human check can take anything from a couple of days to weeks depending on the backlog.
sgrwgfsdgtr
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by flaurie)
i mean... if you didn't plagarise then you probably have nothing to worry about
I did read some personal statements but did not copy/paraphrase any of them.
I was a bit afraid of accidental/unintentional plagiarism.
Anyway, it finally said "No similarities were detected in your personal statement".
Year12Studentt
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I did read some personal statements but did not copy/paraphrase any of them.
I was a bit afraid of accidental/unintentional plagiarism.
Anyway, it finally said "No similarities were detected in your personal statement".
Does it say that now? Can you send a screenshot?
sgrwgfsdgtr
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Does it say that now? Can you send a screenshot?
Mine is a bit wired...
There are two systems: UCAS Track, and the UCAS centre where I submitted my application.
I did not see "NO SIMILARITIES WERE DETECTED IN YOUR PERSONAL STATEMENT" in UCAS centre but saw this line in UCAS Track.

I am not sure if I am clear. LMK if you are confused.
Year12Studentt
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Mine is a bit wired...
There are two systems: UCAS Track, and the UCAS centre where I submitted my application.
I did not see "NO SIMILARITIES WERE DETECTED IN YOUR PERSONAL STATEMENT" in UCAS centre but saw this line in UCAS Track.

Thank you so much. I just checked Track and mine says the same.
ShadowHokage
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Mine is a bit wired...

Thank you so much. I just checked Track and mine says the same.
If you guys don't mind me asking how long did it take for this to become updated? Mine was sent off a week ago but under 'Similarity Report' on track, it is just an empty white box.
Year12Studentt
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ShadowHokage)
If you guys don't mind me asking how long did it take for this to become updated? Mine was sent off a week ago but under 'Similarity Report' on track, it is just an empty white box.
Try and log on with your details on this website: https://track.ucas.com/LogOn?ReturnUrl=%2fHome
Once in go to "my application" at the top, then scroll down to personal statement. It'll say similarity report and should say none detected.
gemplzx
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Try and log on with your details on this website: https://track.ucas.com/LogOn?ReturnUrl=%2fHome
Once in go to "my application" at the top, then scroll down to personal statement. It'll say similarity report and should say none detected.
Did your similarity report load straight away after you submitted? I submitted a few hours ago and can see 'Similarity Report' but it doesn't say anything underneath..?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (15)
9.87%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (3)
1.97%
Finding the time to revise (10)
6.58%
Finding the motivation (43)
28.29%
Getting distracted (24)
15.79%
Procrastination (56)
36.84%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.66%

Watched Threads