Grow Your Grades 2021-22

Watch
I'mnotginger
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Why, hello there. Lovely to see you, I hope by now you have got over that thing you had. I'm currently in Year 11 and on the road to becoming an organised and successful bish. Ya know, living that Girlboss, Gaslight, Gatekeep lifestyle. In the previous school year, my mental health has not been so fabulous, unfortunately, as I'm sure many others would agree. This has seriously affected my grades and confidence in my learning. However, I am prepared to study as effectively as I can. I think the most significant thing that has changed this school year is definitely my mindset. Obviously, I'm still a pessimist. However, I would now identify myself as a Positive Pessimist. Basically, the world is shiz and we're all going to die but I'm sure it will be quite alright with a cup of tea and a buttered crumpet.
My predicted grades at the end of Year 10 were all 4-6s which was not very enjoyable to read tbh as a former Straight A/AB student but things are slowly improving as my more recent predicted grades from the new school year are seven 7s and two 6s which I'm pretty chuffed with if I say so myself. My official half-term report is yet to be released and i'm also yet to do my GCSE November Mocks. I'm in set 2 (second to top) so I'm perfectly capable of getting 8s and 9s in the final exams. My motivation to achieve these grades consists of general feeling of accomplishment but also (and this is where it gets juicy) to get get a full scholarship to a nearby private sixth form, Westholme, which I now qualify for with my new predicted grades. I repeat, FULL SCHOLARSHIP luv. This is a big opportunity for me and I would be so so happy to go there as there's 1:1 tutoring and a sprinkle of networking which would help me get into Russel Group universities like Lancaster, Newcastle and Bath.
As of the past couple of weeks, I have been achieving all 90-100% in my Maths end of topic tests and got an 8 in my monthly past paper that my teacher gives us which we had 3 weeks to complete. I also got a 7 in my RE test a couple of weeks ago and a 6 in Biology (not what i was hoping for but i missed two lessons when i was ill and it's an improvement from my Y10 Mocks lol we don't speak of them). Overall, things are looking good
Try and be positive, people. It gets better, I promise! See you next Sunday I will post every week and tell me if you enjoyed reading this if you have time. Byeeeeeeeee
Last edited by I'mnotginger; 2 days ago
lulub89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
well done on your predicted grades + good luck with mocks what subjects do you take?
I'mnotginger
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by lulub89)
well done on your predicted grades + good luck with mocks what subjects do you take?
Ty!
I take:

Maths (higher) - AQA
English Lang. - Eduqas
English Lit. - Eduqas
Combined Science (higher) - AQA
RE - Eduqas (have to take it bc it's a catholic school)
French (higher) - AQA
Music - OCR
Drama - Eduqas

You?
Last edited by I'mnotginger; 2 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (316)
57.25%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (77)
13.95%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (62)
11.23%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (48)
8.7%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
5.07%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
3.8%

Watched Threads