chemistry - 8
english language - 7
english literature - 9
history - 8
maths - 6
physics - 8
religious studies - 9
spanish - 7

i’m scared my maths grade will lower my chances of getting into a good uni. i just started a levels this september
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by hannahmiri444)
biology - 8
chemistry - 8
english language - 7
english literature - 9
history - 8
maths - 6
physics - 8
religious studies - 9
spanish - 7

i’m scared my maths grade will lower my chances of getting into a good uni. i just started a levels this september
There is a specific thread made for these questions: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5678544

Bottom line: it's fine, just ignore the "GCSE-heavy" med schools.
Last edited by ecolier; 6 days ago
hungrysalamander
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Yes, focus on getting good predicted grades and UCAT/BMAT score. Avoid GCSE heavy schools like Cardiff and Birmingham or Oxford and Leeds (BMAT) etc. UCAT heavy schools, such as Newcastle, Bristol, QMUL (50/50 UCAT/UCAS tariff with 777666) tend to be less GCSE heavy as long as you meet their minimum GCSE requirements which are usually 6 in maths and english lang.
AnnaBananana
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
There are some great unis that don’t score points for gcses - I’m at imperial who just check that you meet their English language gcse criteria (you do!) (other med schools are available 😂). The other side of the coin is that the ones that don’t use GCSEs have a higher weighting on things like entrance tests and in some cases predicted grades so you really need to get your head down in year 12 and do the best you can for those things.

Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (53)
14.25%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (94)
25.27%
I'm a bit unsure (66)
17.74%
I'm finding things difficult (127)
34.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
8.6%

Watched Threads