Are people here actually british/english?

Watch
Poll: ARE YOU EVEN BRITISH ENGLISH BRO???
YES-MY ANCESTORS AND I WERE BORN AND RAISED IN ENGLAND (OR IRELAND OR SCOTLAND) (45)
43.69%
yes-i was raised here but my family is from somewhere else (39)
37.86%
Yes-but I am new here and so is my family (5)
4.85%
No. I don't know how I got to an English British website and I do or don't care about their culture and events. (14)
13.59%
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
ANYONE? lemme make a poll. There's no one on here since I was most active at least who reminds me of anyone I know or come across on a day to day?! Are y'all even English?
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by angelove1704)
I’m from America.. still don’t know why I’m on this site
LMAO YO I just made a poll with your options. Go vote in the poll!
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Where does Wales fit in your poll?
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I mean, if you go back far enough, no-ones family is English. So I’m not sure how this could be answered.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
ANYONE? lemme make a poll. There's no one on here since I was most active at least who reminds me of anyone I know or come across on a day to day?! Are y'all even English?
You don't seem like you're English either op
1. Y'all is American
2. Confusing English with British methinks. Also you forgot Wales.
ashtolga23
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yep, pretty much pure English.
Chronoscope
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Well I've never left this country like ever so basically yea. But my Dad is half German so I'm basically a quarter German, my Mum's side has a bit of Scottish and Canadian too don't ask me if I know any German cos I got a D in it at GCSE a long time ago, lol.
Last edited by Chronoscope; 1 month ago
Scotney
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Born in England of Irish/Scottish parents.Maybe its a north/south thing?
MikelArteta812
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Nah I’m not English but I was born here and lived here my whole life I’m British tho
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I spent most of my life here but still dont have citizenship 😭
Foxehh
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
None apply, my family is English and Irish but I dont live there ( yet ).
Last edited by Foxehh; 1 month ago
1secondsofvamps
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Depends if you mean nationality or ethnicity.
Nationality-wise i am British yes
ReviseSleeping
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
None of those apply.

My family are of English and Irish descent (predominantly). But my mum was born in Wales and my dad was born in Germany.
Last edited by ReviseSleeping; 1 month ago
the_pharaoh
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
Nah not even close to English altho I do know why I'm on this site
summerbirdreads
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Nationality yes I'm British but ethnicity no
fiveby10eighty3
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Not at all! Not even in nationality. I came to the Student Room to get tips on how to study in the UK for a Masters'. So far, it's helpful. I just need to find funding and to fund my IELTS exam registration, because it definitely costs a bomb!
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
RIP Whales

They will be missed :emo:
summerbirdreads
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
The poll is wrong. I was born and raised here but my parents are from somewhere else
Bubbles_1234
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
yh i was born in england but my parents well my dad waas born else where and my mum was also born in england
harrysbar
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I'm English :dontknow:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (35)
9.78%
Okay (106)
29.61%
A bit lacking (130)
36.31%
Not good at all (87)
24.3%

Watched Threads