The Student Room Group

He has to go

So been dating this guy I met on bumble. Unromantic start, but it gets better. We ve known each other for almost 4 months now. Its been like a fairy tale. We really like each other. He seems serious about, like he tells hid friends about me. There s this older couple he s friends with, he s showed then my picture he was like to me "the couple said you seemed sweet coz I showed then your picture". He says he s gonna introduce me to his friends. He plans dates months ahead and what not.
He lives in a different city so we see each other every 2 weeks, coz he travels to my city for work.
We had sex as well, and he was my first. He treats me so preciously. Even when he compliments me, its mostly "cute", "pretty" or "smart". Obviously things do get hot in bed. Anyway, he kisses my forehead all the time. We recently had our first sleepover and it was beautiful. While sleeping he randomly puts his head on my chest and wraps his arns around my waist.

Anyway, my point is I dont get comfortable with people quickly but I did with him. And When I do, I get EXTREMELY attached.

And I got attached to him.

A few weeks ago, he had mentioned that he got an offer to go work in a differen country and that its a good opportunity. And I remember when he was telling me this, he had this weird intense face on and kept making eye contact with me. It felt as if he was considering me as factor to stay or leave, but I didnt think much of it. Obviously as sad as I got, I didnt think he felt the same to leave me coz it hadnt been that long since we were dating. But the topic came up again on text, and he was telling me how he s leaning towards going there for a few months and seeing if he likes it. And I got terribly sad so I waited a lil moment before I repliedncoz I was comprehending the situation. Thats when he said "But I ll miss you:frown:" and he talked about how we ll make most of the time. He leaving sometime after three months in december now.

I am absolutely gutted now. Since last tiem, we just keep getting closer and closer. Even our weekly goodbyes are so emotional and sad, and everytime I think about when he ll leave for sure I proper tear up and kinda cry.

I dont know how to deal with this. Think i m falling for him hard. I m gonna miss. Him so much
Hey he might not like it there and miss you like crazy Try not to think of the negatives. I appreciate you will feel devastated. If its only for a few months its not so bad. Its easy to stay in touch nowadays. Try and stay positive.
Original post by Anonymous
So been dating this guy I met on bumble. Unromantic start, but it gets better. We ve known each other for almost 4 months now. Its been like a fairy tale. We really like each other. He seems serious about, like he tells hid friends about me. There s this older couple he s friends with, he s showed then my picture he was like to me "the couple said you seemed sweet coz I showed then your picture". He says he s gonna introduce me to his friends. He plans dates months ahead and what not.
He lives in a different city so we see each other every 2 weeks, coz he travels to my city for work.
We had sex as well, and he was my first. He treats me so preciously. Even when he compliments me, its mostly "cute", "pretty" or "smart". Obviously things do get hot in bed. Anyway, he kisses my forehead all the time. We recently had our first sleepover and it was beautiful. While sleeping he randomly puts his head on my chest and wraps his arns around my waist.

Anyway, my point is I dont get comfortable with people quickly but I did with him. And When I do, I get EXTREMELY attached.

And I got attached to him.

A few weeks ago, he had mentioned that he got an offer to go work in a differen country and that its a good opportunity. And I remember when he was telling me this, he had this weird intense face on and kept making eye contact with me. It felt as if he was considering me as factor to stay or leave, but I didnt think much of it. Obviously as sad as I got, I didnt think he felt the same to leave me coz it hadnt been that long since we were dating. But the topic came up again on text, and he was telling me how he s leaning towards going there for a few months and seeing if he likes it. And I got terribly sad so I waited a lil moment before I repliedncoz I was comprehending the situation. Thats when he said "But I ll miss you:frown:" and he talked about how we ll make most of the time. He leaving sometime after three months in december now.

I am absolutely gutted now. Since last tiem, we just keep getting closer and closer. Even our weekly goodbyes are so emotional and sad, and everytime I think about when he ll leave for sure I proper tear up and kinda cry.

I dont know how to deal with this. Think i m falling for him hard. I m gonna miss. Him so much

I hate to say this, but it sounds like his wife has given him a final ultimatum regarding meeting women off dating websites, and has said unless it stops, and stops NOW, it's over. Hence his 'job in another country'. Hardly inventive - I'm surprised he didn't tell you he was just waiting until the kids were settled...

Move on - it sounds like he's played you like a fiddle.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending