shilpaa
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
This is the economics paper, on 13th of November so I thought if anyone has a guess paper they can share it below? It would be really helpful.
hina :)
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
hopefully, you mean on 13th October (that is if you're talking about AS p22 oop) I've heard that price control has a high chance of appearing (more specifically max and min prices), also gov intervention, flexible and fixed exchange rates and money functions
shilpaa
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by hina :))
hopefully, you mean on 13th October (that is if you're talking about AS p22 oop) I've heard that price control has a high chance of appearing (more specifically max and min prices), also gov intervention, flexible and fixed exchange rates and money functions
Opps yes October* And thanks!
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by shilpaa)
Opps yes October* And thanks!
no problem, the chapters I suggested are not from my own deductions (so please don't crucify me if they don't appear lol) but were from a youtube video uploaded under the profile 'Maths Genius' with the title "AS ECONOMICS GUESS PAPER OCT/NOV 2021" (the audio is terrible lol but if you check the comment section it's written in there) now I really can't vouch for its credibility but the guy who runs the account has uploaded lots of economic videos before and I'm a private student with no teachers to guide me otherwise so that's all I can really do with..... anyway this is just a "guess" and so I wouldn't completely advise wholly relying on just these topics but hopefully at least some topics will come fingers crossed.
shilpaa
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
no problem, the chapters I suggested are not from my own deductions (so please don't crucify me if they don't appear lol) but were from a youtube video uploaded under the profile 'Maths Genius' with the title "AS ECONOMICS GUESS PAPER OCT/NOV 2021" (the audio is terrible lol but if you check the comment section it's written in there) now I really can't vouch for its credibility but the guy who runs the account has uploaded lots of economic videos before and I'm a private student with no teachers to guide me otherwise so that's all I can really do with..... anyway this is just a "guess" and so I wouldn't completely advise wholly relying on just these topics but hopefully at least some topics will come fingers crossed.
Yes I've checked that video, there's also a Facebook page called " O/A LEVEL RESOURCES " and they provides notes, expected topics and other resources for exams. They've also suggested similar topics. Luckily I've revised most of the topics of our syllabus but I wanted to pay more attention to the ones I feel like I need for effort. I'm also a private candidate so I hope the page will come handy for you.
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by shilpaa)
Yes I've checked that video, there's also a Facebook page called " O/A LEVEL RESOURCES " and they provides notes, expected topics and other resources for exams. They've also suggested similar topics. Luckily I've revised most of the topics of our syllabus but I wanted to pay more attention to the ones I feel like I need for effort. I'm also a private candidate so I hope the page will come handy for you.
aaaaaaa thankyou sm, how was your paper btw!!!! max and min did end up coming and gov intervention/role was also useful in the data response part but not so sure about everything else did you think the paper was easy or hard? hope the threshold is low and we end up all doing well for our exams lmao
shilpaa
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
aaaaaaa thankyou sm, how was your paper btw!!!! max and min did end up coming and gov intervention/role was also useful in the data response part but not so sure about everything else did you think the paper was easy or hard? hope the threshold is low and we end up all doing well for our exams lmao
hiii hina, my exam was quite good, how was yours? I was so happy to find the max/min and consumer surplus question, it helped me a lot. I panicked for a while at the start of my exam and wasted some time But as the topics were known it was easy to write about them fast. I heard the threshold is quite low this year, at 50 they are giving A. So let's hope and pray we manage to acquire some decent grades. Do you have business exam on the 18th?
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
my exam was good too!! (Hopefully anyway) you're right, if thresholds are at 50 we might have a high chance of scoring!! I do not take business ;( my subjects are English law sociology economics oop, Good luck though! I'm sure you'll do great in your business
byehi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
may i know how to look at the grade threshold..like there's p1 and p2 minimum range to score A and there's also the overall marks to score A...which do i look at..also how do u calculate it?
byehi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
the thresholds for 2021 October November not out yet but the ones for the recent last session (June 2021) are available on the Cambridge official website if you just search it up with "thresholds", to my knowledge the thresholds are more or less in the same range as the last sessions (give or take a few marks) https://www.cambridgeinternational.org/programmes-and-qualifications/cambridge-advanced/cambridge-international-as-and-a-levels/grade-threshold-tables/
the thing i dont understand is which do i look at, like there is an overall marks at the bottom of the page and individual raw marks for each paper at the top. Which do i follow?...sorry im dumb
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (61)
57.01%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (11)
10.28%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (16)
14.95%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (7)
6.54%
I haven't started researching yet (7)
6.54%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (5)
4.67%

Watched Threads