Dilemma: assistant admin or IT assistant apprenticeship

Watch
dimlevi
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi 28 yo living in London i work at construction at the moment, i got an opportunity through a government program to do an apprenticeship in a company if they like my cv.
They have 2 different vacancies and i applied to both one is assistant admin apprenticeship and the second IT assistant apprenticeship. I dont know if they give me the two options which one to chose. I have experience in both in my cv.

I like tech a lot i got a google IT certificate but im also a people's type of person im between to do something in HR or IT. I would like to know about future prospects of each one.

What's your opinion ?
Last edited by dimlevi; 1 week ago
𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓡π“ͺ𝓭𝔂
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I would say IT assistant you would earn more in the long run. I started as an admin assistant and worked my way up in the varying departments. HR does also earn a good wage too. I had a friend who did an open uni degree in HR and she had to learn the laws and regulations. IT and HR do have more of a skill than admin.
If you do go down the admin route, it can open up to a wider range of things. It does depend on what the company is, and what opportunities open up at the time. So for example customer services, purchase ledger, chasing stocks, etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (181)
55.52%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (45)
13.8%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (36)
11.04%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (31)
9.51%
I haven't started researching yet (18)
5.52%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed