Joining societies after freshers

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I started uni a few weeks ago and I haven't joined any societies yet. Would it be ok to join societies now even though freshers is over?
AbrahamP
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Always man, whole point of societies is to meet new people. Plus I've seen several people join months after freshers since they couldn't really speak or make new friends on their current course.
S.Em22
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I started uni a few weeks ago and I haven't joined any societies yet. Would it be ok to join societies now even though freshers is over?
Yeah, should be fine! Taster sessions go on until early November for a lot of societies & even after, many are happy for people to join the fun throughout the year
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi!

I'm the coach of a society at my uni. Most will let you join whenever also it's still early days to decide to join a society and are happy to welcome as many as people as possible. Just double-check with the society about when to come along to their training. Do this by contacting their social media and someone should respond.

I hope this helps!
Best wishes
Chloe - Official Student Rep
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi there,

I hope the start of your University experience is going well so far

This shouldn't be a problem, but I'd recommend getting into contact with the society that you want to join - usually there will be a FB / Insta page you can do this through. Societies are usually really inclusive and open to everyone, so you should be able to join post-freshers!

I hope this has been helpful,

Ana
University of Liverpool Rep.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (193)
55.3%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (49)
14.04%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (40)
11.46%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (32)
9.17%
I haven't started researching yet (20)
5.73%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.3%

Watched Threads