The Student Room Group

Joining societies after freshers

I started uni a few weeks ago and I haven't joined any societies yet. Would it be ok to join societies now even though freshers is over?
Always man, whole point of societies is to meet new people. Plus I've seen several people join months after freshers since they couldn't really speak or make new friends on their current course.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I started uni a few weeks ago and I haven't joined any societies yet. Would it be ok to join societies now even though freshers is over?

Yeah, should be fine! Taster sessions go on until early November for a lot of societies & even after, many are happy for people to join the fun throughout the year

Hi!

I'm the coach of a society at my uni. Most will let you join whenever also it's still early days to decide to join a society and are happy to welcome as many as people as possible. Just double-check with the society about when to come along to their training. Do this by contacting their social media and someone should respond.

I hope this helps!
Best wishes
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:

Hi there,

I hope the start of your University experience is going well so far :biggrin:

This shouldn't be a problem, but I'd recommend getting into contact with the society that you want to join - usually there will be a FB / Insta page you can do this through. Societies are usually really inclusive and open to everyone, so you should be able to join post-freshers!

I hope this has been helpful,

Ana
University of Liverpool Rep.

Quick Reply

Latest