How do I get better at maths? :)

Watch
soimraven
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Helloooo! I’m Raven and I’m in year 9.
In my school, they’ve given us GCSE past papers (slightly altered for what we’ve been learning) and have marked us in GCSE grading since Year 7. My teachers thought they were funny and put me in top set maths and science knowing im **** at it ;-;
In my most recent Key Assessment, I got U (the highest grade you could get was a 2 cause its the start of the year)- 21/40 😬
Does anyone have any advice on how to revise/ get good at maths? My parents have gotten me a tutor but I feel like that won’t be enough- revision never works for me either, I can never remember stuff ;-;
Ty <3
Last edited by soimraven; 2 weeks ago

summerbirdreads
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Practice is the key!
You can also watch youtube videos to understand concepts better! there are tons for GCSE math
SatoruGojo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey!

The best way to improve maths skills is practise! keep doing practise questions and past papers, once you're comfortable with the method behind each type of problem you'll soon find each question similar to the last with the only difference being the numbers. Good luck!
shadowelite
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
1. I feel that it would be good for you to first create summaries on important concepts and formulas for each topic and then start to practice! This is such that you would have something to refer to when you cannot do a question.
2. Keep a 'question bank' of some sorts where you can note down ways to answer a certain question type.
3. The same book/document used for 2. could also include common errors.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (147)
85.47%
No (25)
14.53%

Watched Threads