starssash
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello, I have applied for an medical course at Exeter university, and I have just stumbled across an apprenticeship with a big economic company which is partnered with Exeter university. I love medicine and economics and can never make my mind up. Would it be risky to apply for this apprenticeship because I have already applied for a course, or are they to different departments so it doesn't matter? Should I take the rsik just in case if I don't get into University.
grey-giraffe
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes, you can apply for both degree apprenticeships and full-time university courses at the same time. You'll just have to make a decision if you get offers for both.
starssash
Rep:
?
Thank you 🌷
Hoc est Bellum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by starssash)
Hello, I have applied for an medical course at Exeter university, and I have just stumbled across an apprenticeship with a big economic company which is partnered with Exeter university. I love medicine and economics and can never make my mind up. Would it be risky to apply for this apprenticeship because I have already applied for a course, or are they to different departments so it doesn't matter? Should I take the rsik just in case if I don't get into University.
I know that if you apply to two different degree courses at the same uni, they will know. However, I'm not sure if this applies for apprenticeships and uni courses. In either case, the university wouldn't see this as a disadvantage in your application (as it will be seen as a backup to notoriously competitive medicine courses).
starssash
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hoc est Bellum)
I know that if you apply to two different degree courses at the same uni, they will know. However, I'm not sure if this applies for apprenticeships and uni courses. In either case, the university wouldn't see this as a disadvantage in your application (as it will be seen as a backup to notoriously competitive medicine courses).
Thank you, yes that’s what I was thinking but was still a little bit unsure 🧁
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (156)
54.93%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (42)
14.79%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (31)
10.92%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.15%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.63%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed