The Student Room Group

Switching sixth form

I went to the sixth form that was attached to my secondary school and never really thought about applying anywhere else. However, now I feel like I would benefit from going to Hills Road in Cambridge as I achieved good gcse results and would be surrounded by clever people who would motivate me, but it is almost October Half term. Do you think it's too late to try and apply now?
Original post by bdj70
I went to the sixth form that was attached to my secondary school and never really thought about applying anywhere else. However, now I feel like I would benefit from going to Hills Road in Cambridge as I achieved good gcse results and would be surrounded by clever people who would motivate me, but it is almost October Half term. Do you think it's too late to try and apply now?

I know people who are still transferring sixth-form. There's no harm in applying and letting them know you want to switch. As far as I know I think its possible. Hope this helped :smile:
Original post by bdj70

FAR too late I would guess - ring up tomorrow ...
Original post by bdj70

I would say definitely try - if your sure that it's what you want. If you don't try you'll never know. Let us know what happens! Good luck!
Reply 4
Students certainly switched to the sixth form I taught at up to the first half term, sometimes beyond. But we weren't the top choice in the area, it may not be as easy to transfer to a popular place. You can but try, and if you're going to, don't leave it any longer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending