The Student Room Group

Podiatry

So I’m studying podiatry in my second week now, anyone got any tips in succeeding?
Rememebr the right bits oft he body you need to be looking at. Don't be the Student Podiatrist who accidentally tried to be a Gynecologist. Won't end well.
Original post by Grim_Squeaker
Rememebr the right bits oft he body you need to be looking at. Don't be the Student Podiatrist who accidentally tried to be a Gynecologist. Won't end well.

Can u elaborate a bit further. So how much studying do you think I should be doing each week
try to learn your ANATOMY in first year really well. you need it for your second year.

do essays on time and really research your articles.

reread the questions before answering.

just do everything on time and dont leave it for last minute and youll do fine.
Reply 4
Original post by hennainswansea
try to learn your ANATOMY in first year really well. you need it for your second year.

do essays on time and really research your articles.

reread the questions before answering.

just do everything on time and dont leave it for last minute and youll do fine.

hi could you help me please im in year 2 im in struggling x
Original post by FreshPrince102
So I’m studying podiatry in my second week now, anyone got any tips in succeeding?

hows it going
Original post by hennainswansea
hows it going

Going alright thank you😊, Apart from the dropping out thoughts I get on a weekly lol I’m not doing too bad but not sure if I’ll stay for second year tbh
Going alright thank you😊, Apart from the dropping out thoughts I get on a weekly lol I’m not doing too bad but not sure if I’ll stay for second

I stayed and regretted it , course only gets harder and the clinical fail rate is ridiculous. The opportunities are few and far between , money is terrible unless you own a successful business.

over and above all the medical jargon pods learn, what are they actually doing apart from removing callus and cutting toe nail. I know a lot of really good people in podiatry which is why I don't like dissing the profession however I also like to advise people and stop them making a mistake .

I struggle mentally with thd fact I wasted all my funding and took put loans for such a lost cause and venture, however I'm blessed to have got into a different course with much better opportunities.

My only regret is picking podiatry in the first place and letting them speak me into staying after 1st Yr, when I realised the course was terrible and was about to leave
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Dreamer36
I stayed and regretted it , course only gets harder and the clinical fail rate is ridiculous. The opportunities are few and far between , money is terrible unless you own a successful business.

over and above all the medical jargon pods learn, what are they actually doing apart from removing callus and cutting toe nail. I know a lot of really good people in podiatry which is why I don't like dissing the profession however I also like to advise people and stop them making a mistake .

I struggle mentally with thd fact I wasted all my funding and took put loans for such a lost cause and venture, however I'm blessed to have got into a different course with much better opportunities.

My only regret is picking podiatry in the first place and letting them speak me into staying after 1st Yr, when I realised the course was terrible and was about to leave

Ohh no I’m really contemplating whether I should stay for 2nd and 3rd, don’t even know if I’ll get through this year tbh😭. What your saying is quite true tbf, So did you leave during 2nd or 3rd year and what uni did you go if you don’t mind saying?
Ohh no I’m really contemplating whether I should stay for 2nd and 3rd, don’t even know if I’ll get through this year tbh😭. What your saying is quite true tbf, So did you leave during 2nd or 3rd year and what uni did you go if you don’t mind saying?

Scotland its a 4 yr hons degree programme , I Passed all my exams first time until the 3rd yr clinic, we're they failed half the class . They subsequently axed 7 of us from the yr who failed the resit, as u only get two attempts .

We all had DR lines in so we could get exemptions and come bk and try again, however most of us decided to leave within a few weeks of joining the cohort below. I took a yr out and now studying nursing the others have went down other avenues , teaching etc

Do i regret it , yeah I wish I had never studied podiatry in the first place . I realised it was ******** at the start of 2nd year unfortunately ppl spoke me into staying.

The clinical fail rates are standard we're I studied, it was happening every year, nobody was safe. They failed 6 ppl in 2nd yr aswell .
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending