The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter campus'

Hi, I am hoping to study Neuroscience at Exeter university.
It seems that my course will have me mainly based in the St Lukes campus, bar some lectures in the Streatham campus.
I am in a sticky one atm as after visiting I much preferred the streatham campus.
I am not so fussed about the walk between the two and would be happy to commute for lectures at St Lukes, my main worry is the friendship scenario. Is it a bad idea to stay in halls on a campus that most others on my course will not chose to stay at, or will i be able to make friends just through learning times.
Original post by sophieyoungg
Hi, I am hoping to study Neuroscience at Exeter university.
It seems that my course will have me mainly based in the St Lukes campus, bar some lectures in the Streatham campus.
I am in a sticky one atm as after visiting I much preferred the streatham campus.
I am not so fussed about the walk between the two and would be happy to commute for lectures at St Lukes, my main worry is the friendship scenario. Is it a bad idea to stay in halls on a campus that most others on my course will not chose to stay at, or will i be able to make friends just through learning times.

You'll probably make more friends in hall than on your course -
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by Muttley79
You'll probably make more friends in hall than on your course -

so it would be a better idea to go for St Lukes, where those from my course will be staying, regardless of if i prefer the Streatham physically?
Original post by sophieyoungg
so it would be a better idea to go for St Lukes, where those from my course will be staying, regardless of if i prefer the Streatham physically?

No, I meant the opposite - stay on Streatham campus if you prefer it; there's also far more facilities - halls are where you'll make friends.
Original post by Muttley79
No, I meant the opposite - stay on Streatham campus if you prefer it; there's also far more facilities - halls are where you'll make friends.

Thank you so much for the advice! much appreciated. Doing that removes my worry of being an 'outsider' to all the medical students at Streatham too, even if thats not an actual issue ahah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending