Rohan007best
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I currently dont have the predicted grades for med school if I get grades in the real exams then I will take a gap year and apply for med school but if I don't then I will apply for graduate entry but am struggling to choose between studying biomed or pharmacy. Which of these is closest to medicine and what is each one like?
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Rohan007best)
I currently dont have the predicted grades for med school if I get grades in the real exams then I will take a gap year and apply for med school but if I don't then I will apply for graduate entry but am struggling to choose between studying biomed or pharmacy. Which of these is closest to medicine and what is each one like?
If you don't get the grades, you should still take a gap year to improve your grades and reapply to med school at standard undergrad med level.

Never ever do a random degree (that's anything other than medicine) with the sole aim for graduate entry medicine. It will take longer, cost more and (most importantly) will be much, much more competitive.

If you have embarked on biomed / pharmacy, you'll need to be prepared to be looking for a vocation with a biomed / pharmacy degree for life.
Last edited by ecolier; 5 days ago
Rohan007best
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by ecolier)
If you don't get the grades, you should still take a gap year to improve your grades and reapply to med school at standard undergrad med level.

Never ever do a random degree (that's anything other than medicine) with the sole aim for graduate entry medicine. It will take longer, cost more and (most importantly) will be much, much more competitive.

If you have embarked on biomed / pharmacy, you'll need to be prepared to be looking for a vocation with a biomed / pharmacy degree for life.
Ru suggesting to retake A levels do unis take retake exams?
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Rohan007best)
Ru suggesting to retake A levels do unis take retake exams?
Yes I am suggesting that and yes some med schools do consider retake A-Level exam students.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (53)
14.21%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (94)
25.2%
I'm a bit unsure (66)
17.69%
I'm finding things difficult (128)
34.32%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
8.58%

Watched Threads