cyberclouds
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
i will be starting the ib next year (currently ur11) and i obviously have to do a language. i have done french from yr6-yr9 so would probably do it ib inito. does anyone have any advice/anything?
S0Why1602
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
If you know no other languages then take french, there’s French AB initio, which only requires quite basic french that you would have already learnt in ur 6-9. Hopefully your school offers this course.
Last edited by S0Why1602; 4 days ago
AspiringCS
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by cyberclouds)
i will be starting the ib next year (currently ur11) and i obviously have to do a language. i have done french from yr6-yr9 so would probably do it ib inito. does anyone have any advice/anything?
Yes French ab initio would usually be fine if you haven't done French before or recently. I did French B SL and it is a marked step up from GCSE so don't do B SL.

If you're in the UK, it's also possible that French ab initio won't be an option at the school or college. Spanish ab initio is usually an option though.
cyberclouds
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by S0Why1602)
If you know no other languages then take french, there’s French AB initio, which only requires quite basic french that you would have already learnt in ur 6-9. Hopefully your school offers this course.
luckily it does so will definitely go for french then!
cyberclouds
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by AspiringCS)
Yes French ab initio would usually be fine if you haven't done French before or recently. I did French B SL and it is a marked step up from GCSE so don't do B SL.

If you're in the UK, it's also possible that French ab initio won't be an option at the school or college. Spanish ab initio is usually an option though
i called them and luckily it is an option, so will probably just try to get my head around the french i remember!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (46)
13.37%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
27.03%
I'm a bit unsure (60)
17.44%
I'm finding things difficult (115)
33.43%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.72%

Watched Threads