The Student Room Group

Form responsibility

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Jammydodger39
It’s a relaxed school in that way I’ve noticed behaviour is an issue and has become more difficult as times gone on but I’m just getting more used to it. Other more experienced teachers have struggled.

But back to the point, they did it again. No reason this time just “see you later” I get that the tension probs isn’t worth it but I cba to keep doing every day because if that’s the case I’ll take the form as my own. Even the kids said why are they never here it’s only you now days was never like this before.

I feel I’m having the p*as taken out of me even when we explicitly said I’d do 2 days one week 3 the next and we’d keep the rotation weekly. I’m raising it at my mentor meeting aswell

Have you got an email which details the agreement? If so, do your end of the deal and the form can sit unattended. Its then on the other person to explain the situation. That is really really unprofessional. Personally I would report them to the head. Your sentence starter would be along the lines of "I am down to do form with such-and-such on the following basis <insert basis here>. Since we started this arrangement so-and-so always seems to be in the canteen drinking coffee. Can you help?"

If this teacher is being like this with you, what are they being like with the kids and they are the most important people in this situation so make that as a real point too. They are missing out because this person is in the canteen drinking coffee.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by LiamWhiteRose
But have you communicated this with them since? If you haven't, you can't expect them to change. Forward the emails from the first week to them and 'remind' them of the agreement. If you haven't raised it with them since, they're not going to change.

It's on the weekly planner!
Original post by hotpud
Have you got an email which details the agreement? If so, do your end of the deal and the form can sit unattended. Its then on the other person to explain the situation. That is really really unprofessional. Personally I would report them to the head. Your sentence starter would be along the lines of "I am down to do form with such-and-such on the following basis <insert basis here>. Since we started this arrangement so-and-so always seems to be in the canteen drinking coffee. Can you help?"

If this teacher is being like this with you, what are they being like with the kids and they are the most important people in this situation so make that as a real point too. They are missing out because this person is in the canteen drinking coffee.

I once walked in mid lesson they took a phone call so I’m at a loss really
Reply 23
I once walked in mid lesson they took a phone call so I’m at a loss really

This person needs reporting. Or are you going to stand by and allow such professional behaviour?

Good luck!
(edited 2 years ago)
I don’t understand why you keep turning up to cover the form when it isn’t your turn to be there? You are facilitating this person’s behaviour. Just stop turning up when it isn’t your day.
It's on the weekly planner!

But have you communicated it to them? That means having a conversation, digital or face-to-face, not just relying that they'll eventually do it because it's on the weekly planner, which they are clearly not following.

Quick Reply

Latest