Really want to break up with her

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’m In a strict family and in a gay relationship. I’ve liked her for 3 years and we finally started dating but my mom doesn’t let us hangout, we have no classes together, she never texts me first and takes hours to respond, and she doesn’t talk to me a lot. It doesn’t feel like we are dating
username4899406
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
So it's obviously hard for you both because you're not in the ideal conditions to allow your relationship to flourish

But have you actually tried talking to her ? Maybe her situation is also difficult ? Maybe she can't get time away to talk to you ? Could be loads of reasons op
Anonymous #1
(Original post by WazzWazz98)
So it's obviously hard for you both because you're not in the ideal conditions to allow your relationship to flourish

But have you actually tried talking to her ? Maybe her situation is also difficult ? Maybe she can't get time away to talk to you ? Could be loads of reasons op
I did try talking to her, she said she doesn't text me first or talk to me much because it’s ‘scary’. I’m also super shy but i give an effort
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If you want to break up with her then break up with her.
What’s stopping you from doing so?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
If you want to break up with her then break up with her.
What’s stopping you from doing so?
I don’t know, maybe the awkward tension after and I really like her. But she’s giving no effort in anything and it makes me upset.
username4899406
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I did try talking to her, she said she doesn't text me first or talk to me much because it’s ‘scary’. I’m also super shy but i give an effort
Scary ? That's a new one for me 🤣
Is she confused about her sexuality?
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I don’t know, maybe the awkward tension after and I really like her. But she’s giving no effort in anything and it makes me upset.
Then you have to decide whether you like her enough to push past the upset and fully talk to her about it -
does it really matter if she doesn’t text first? Does she text you back when you text? Does she talk to you when you talk to her?
Last edited by GabiAbi84; 2 weeks ago
Moonlight Rain
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It takes two to make a relationship work. If you're feeling like it's a one sided relationship, just end it
Anonymous #1
(Original post by WazzWazz98)
Scary ? That's a new one for me 🤣
Is she confused about her sexuality?
EXACTLY she doesn’t give effort because it’s ‘scary’, and I don’t think so she’s been out as lesbian for a while
Anonymous #1
Then you have to decide whether you like her enough to push past the upset and fully talk to her about it -
does it really matter if she doesn’t text first? Does she text you back when you text? Does she talk to you when you talk to her?
It kinda does matter, because if I don’t text her that means we won’t talk until I do something. And she does talk but it’s usually a super short reply or just “oh no” but she also ignores me sometimes.
Anonymous35657
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Your just overthinking and overreacting. Do what you want I don't care if you break up with her.
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It kinda does matter, because if I don’t text her that means we won’t talk until I do something. And she does talk but it’s usually a super short reply or just “oh no” but she also ignores me sometimes.
Then tbh she’s making it clear that she’s not going to bother or care enough to make the effort.
You already said you wanted to break up so you’ve made your decision.
username4899406
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
EXACTLY she doesn’t give effort because it’s ‘scary’, and I don’t think so she’s been out as lesbian for a while
Then she is compelling you to break up so she doesn't have to do no one can blame her essentially
You deserve better
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous35657)
Your just overthinking and overreacting. Do what you want I don't care if you break up with her.
She didn't ask for your unconstructive opinion.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If its not working anymore then it is okay to end it.
Anonymous #1
Then tbh she’s making it clear that she’s not going to bother or care enough to make the effort.
You already said you wanted to break up so you’ve made your decision.
Yeah I just feel terrible, and I don’t know if I could do it so I’ll have a talk w/her
Adz2042
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yeah I just feel terrible, and I don’t know if I could do it so I’ll have a talk w/her
meet her in person if you can.
otherwise just end it.
it's a 90% - 10% relationship, and she gives zero to little effort back. not healthy
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Adz2042)
meet her in person if you can.
otherwise just end it.
it's a 90% - 10% relationship, and she gives zero to little effort back. not healthy
Okay thank you so much
Anonymous #3
Report 2 weeks ago
It's a difficult relationship obvs! Find out what the girl is thinking- try and meet her some time. Maybe it's hard for her too but maybe she's not really feeling it?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
It's a difficult relationship obvs! Find out what the girl is thinking- try and meet her some time. Maybe it's hard for her too but maybe she's not really feeling it?
We can meet up at school sometimes, we went on a date too. But no matter how hard I try I can’t get her to start a conversation. Any advice on what I should ask her?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (44)
89.8%
No (5)
10.2%

Watched Threads