Billytheking777
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Anyone on here doing a paramedic degree at university???
Trolly42b
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Yeah I'm a a 2nd year student paramedic at Sheffield Hallam.

Feel free to ask any questions.

- Drew
Hern
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Billytheking777)
Anyone on here doing a paramedic degree at university???
I’m applying for the 2022 course any advice
amyjmartin25
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Trolly42b)
Yeah I'm a a 2nd year student paramedic at Sheffield Hallam.

Feel free to ask any questions.Submit reply

- Drew
Hi! how many people are on your course? and what kind of questions do they ask in the interview?
Trolly42b
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by amyjmartin25)
Hi! how many people are on your course? and what kind of questions do they ask in the interview?
Hey, So we started with around 95 (On the 20/23 cohort) however things happen and people leave so i think we're around 86 people on the cohort now. So it's a fairly large cohort when compared to other universities, such as Lincoln which i believe has roughly 20 per cohort.

I can't remember the exact questions from the interview, nor am i allowed to mention any specific questions (TSR regulations on advantages for student etc) However, like most advice people would give, is to really research the role of a paramedic and why you actually want to go through a 3 year degree only to be called an 'ambulance driver' . Knowing this can enable you to show your passion and that you will be motivated throughout the whole course duration while still actively engaging with the content

Also get lots of relevant experience so when you explain your reasoning for wanting to do the course you can link it directly to past experiences.

Hope this helps
- Drew
UniOfLincolnStudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi guys,

We have a fantastic paramedic science course here at the University of Lincoln working closely with EMAS. If you would like to find out more then please feel free to chat to some of our current students which you can do here
If you would like to come and see our lovely campus for yourself then you can book onto one of our upcoming open days here

Kind regards
Joe
3rd Year Medicine BMBS
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (23)
9.24%
Okay (72)
28.92%
A bit lacking (93)
37.35%
Not good at all (61)
24.5%

Watched Threads