Do those who see my personal statement see it the way I do on the UCAS.com preview?

Watch
ChrisThompson56
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So, you know how, on the UCAS website, you have the option to preview your personal statement? Will the university admissions team who look at my personal statement see it in exactly the same format that I see it in when I use this previewing option on the UCAS website?

The reason I ask is that, I doubt I'm going to be able to include spacing/lines to separate the paragraphs, so I'm relying on structuring the length of lines/paragraphs in such a way that it is easily apparent where new paragraphs start and begin. But I don't want to go to the bother of this if the university admissions team see my personal statement in an entirely different format.
Last edited by ChrisThompson56; 1 week ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Most universities will see it similarly but they might display it slightly differently.

A few universities turn all pss into a block of unformatted text with no paragraphs at all.

You would be better off reducing the size to allow proper line breaks between paragraphs. A more focused and concise ps reduces the risk of something important being missed.
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Dont worry about what it looks like on the page.
Uni staff are very used to however it looks on their system and we look for the content, not at the appearance.

As above, don't waste space on trying to create artificial paragraphs.
Focus on the purpose of the PS itself - 'I want to study xxx at University because....'
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (193)
55.46%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (49)
14.08%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (39)
11.21%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (32)
9.2%
I haven't started researching yet (20)
5.75%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.31%

Watched Threads