Report Thread starter 1 week ago
[Post Deleted]
Last edited by conesmento; 1 week ago
Cancelled Alice
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How old where you when you where convicted?

If at the time of your convictions, you where under 18 these offences will be filtered after 5 1/2 years, if you where an adult they will be filtered after 11 years.

Filtering means that they won’t routinely be disclosed on enhanced DBS certificates but could be if the information was deemed to be relevant and doing so was proportional.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...r-2020-onwards

I’d recommend talking to NACRO, a charity that has an expertise in helping people with criminal backgrounds if you want further information about this.

Lastly- I understand how you feel about what happened and this doesn’t come from a place of judgement, but I wonder if it would paint you in a better light if you displayed remorse and reflected on the personal growth you have gone through since the incident.
HellomynameisNev
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by conesmento)
These convictions are very minor in the grand scheme of things and in any event on a fitness to practice panel, I can demonstrate that whilst the common assault sounds like assault I didn't actually assault anybody physically with my hands or violence.
I tried to lay bare the details of my convictions in a non-biased and factual way here so that you had a better understanding so I am really happy that you said about displaying remorse etc; thank you.
I'm not being funny, but you haven't actually displayed any remorse in this thread. You've laid out why you did it, and tried to justify your actions, however clearly the magistrates disagreed with your defence.

I have no idea how a fitness to practise panel will find this, however I do know as a paramedic you **will** come across situations with members of the public who are aggressive and threatening towards you. Perhaps you could reflect on how you would handle those situations based upon your previous experience, what you did wrong, and what you should have done/will do in the future.
Last edited by HellomynameisNev; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (173)
55.63%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (44)
14.15%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (34)
10.93%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (29)
9.32%
I haven't started researching yet (17)
5.47%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
4.5%

Watched Threads