Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Guys I have a bad cold and all lectures are recorded for first few weeks anyway shall I skip uni tomorrow. I still haven’t seen anyone yet tho and I’m in my last year
NI52
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Guys I have a bad cold and all lectures are recorded for first few weeks anyway shall I skip uni tomorrow. I still haven’t seen anyone yet tho and I’m in my last year
so many ppl got the flu, u should skip uni.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by NI52)
so many ppl got the flu, u should skip uni.
But they still go to uni? Ok I’m convinced I should skip now but I feel so antisocial
NI52
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
But they still go to uni? Ok I’m convinced I should skip now but I feel so antisocial
Just trust me..........I speak da truth . And yh, u wont feel gd at uni coz all u would be thinking about is ur bed and how u just wanna go home. I had that flu two weeks ago and i was dyinggggg, mentally.
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You could take a sick day (or two) if you're really under the weather, as long as you're not missing anything important like lab practicals Rest, get your energy back :console:

If you've got any face to face things going on it wouldn't hurt to drop the lecturer(s) a polite email apologising for not being there Make sure you make a list of everything you need to complete once you're better
Last edited by Chronoscope; 1 week ago
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi,

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well! Get better soon! Having a cold in the first weeks of first year is pretty standard, so you definitely won't be the only one feeling unwell and missing classes! Plus, when you're sick you may not be able to perform as well which is worse in my opinion. Rather get your strength back and do everything when you're at your best. And, we are still in a pandemic, so, in my opinion, it's probably best to avoid large groups of people while your immune system is busy fighting off your cold. You can never be too safe! Hope this helps. All the best!

Samantha, Official UoP Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (193)
55.46%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (49)
14.08%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (39)
11.21%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (32)
9.2%
I haven't started researching yet (20)
5.75%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.31%

Watched Threads