miaxmur
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hi! I was wondering if I still have time to complete Brighton&Sussex WE and Observe GP. I have started it a while ago, but have remained at around 10%, where I still am with both. Now, my reference for my second WE has fallen through, because the ref cannot get headed paper (as Warwick wants). Would I still be able to do these 2 WE and have them amount to 20hrs? (I have a lot of WE but the NHS trust I work for has said they can't do a reference unless they are asked??)
ashvinsingh
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Brighton and Sussex work experience took about a day or two for me to complete, but you may have to wait to get your certificate but that’s fine universities will understand, there’s no certificate for observe GP you just will talk about what you learned so you don’t need to complete it
miaxmur
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by ashvinsingh)
Brighton and Sussex work experience took about a day or two for me to complete, but you may have to wait to get your certificate but that’s fine universities will understand, there’s no certificate for observe GP you just will talk about what you learned so you don’t need to complete it
Thank you loads! Would the B&Suss amount to 20hrs ( for warwick) ?
freemango
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by miaxmur)
Warwick have very detailed information about their work experience requirements on their website. They have said that the BSMS can only count for up to 10 hours and you must have your certificate of completion for it to count (and you’ll need to finish and get on that straight away as certificates are taking up to around 6 weeks to be sent - you have to complete and submit a piece of reflective work which is assessed). I don’t believe they will accept Observe GP or certainly didn’t last year.

https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/med/st...ll_2020_v7.pdf
ashvinsingh
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
If I remember correctly it was 6 sections with about 2 hours per section reccomend Ed so about 10-12 hours? For warwick is a certain amount of work experience required?
miaxmur
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by ashvinsingh)
If I remember correctly it was 6 sections with about 2 hours per section reccomend Ed so about 10-12 hours? For warwick is a certain amount of work experience required?
yes, we need 70hrs of hands on experience, 50hrs from somewhere and 20 from somewhere else. I have the 50 but need proof for 20 more
ashvinsingh
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
yes, we need 70hrs of hands on experience, 50hrs from somewhere and 20 from somewhere else. I have the 50 but need proof for 20 more
Brighton and Sussex counts for 10 hours so half of what you’ve done so far, would completing a MOOC a online course count towards your needed hours?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (53)
14.25%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (94)
25.27%
I'm a bit unsure (66)
17.74%
I'm finding things difficult (127)
34.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
8.6%

Watched Threads