CrazyKittenLady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Heya lovely people, (I'm back from Maternity leave :heart:)

Can I have your help, I have been tasked to create a list of designy bugs on site that you find super annoying, so that we can try and get they sorted over the next few months. If you have any thoughts can you let me know and I'll add them to my list

Thannnnkkkkk yoooou xxxx
Last edited by CrazyKittenLady; 2 weeks ago
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by CrazyKittenLady)

Can I have your help, I have been tasked to create a list of designy bugs on site that you find super annoying, so that we can try and get they sorted over the next few months. If you have any thoughts can you let me know and I'll add them to my list

Thannnnkkkkk yoooou xxxx
Hello stranger ( :hi: )

Could you elaborate on what makes a bug a designy bug? Is it like the Dolce and Gabanna of bugs? :holmes:
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Found one. :awesome:

Name:  6157132ea25ef-halloween-logo-NEW-Retina (4).png
Views: 18
Size:  28.3 KB
CrazyKittenLady
Rep:
?
(Original post by AngryJellyfish)

Haha you are amazing
Last edited by ldo21; 2 weeks ago
CrazyKittenLady
Rep:
?
(Original post by 04MR17)
Hello stranger ( :hi: )

Could you elaborate on what makes a bug a designy bug? Is it like the Dolce and Gabanna of bugs? :holmes:
Haha umm I guess a bug that doesn't effect functionality but just aesthetically doesn't look right. Eg icons that aren't retina, miss alignment, spacing, colours that aren't very accessible for poor light or vision. Its difficult isn't it, like the like the 'rep' button isn't retina and doesn't fit in with the rest of page style wise, but its not exactly a 'bug' more of a forgotten afterthought. Just trying to list out some little tweaks to try and squeeze in with the bigger stuff that other teams are working on. Otherwise they are so small in them self they wouldn't get prioritised in there own right. x
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Haha umm I guess a bug that doesn't effect functionality but just aesthetically doesn't look right. Eg icons that aren't retina, miss alignment, spacing, colours that aren't very accessible for poor light or vision. Its difficult isn't it, like the like the 'rep' button isn't retina and doesn't fit in with the rest of page style wise, but its not exactly a 'bug' more of a forgotten afterthought. Just trying to list out some little tweaks to try and squeeze in with the bigger stuff that other teams are working on. Otherwise they are so small in them self they wouldn't get prioritised in there own right. x
Thanks, the only thing that comes to mind right now is the showthread2 avatar/username display rollover. If you hover over the username and click fast enough, it can take you straight to profile page like ST1 did. But it's not supposed to, or at least if you wait the ~2 seconds for the rollover to load it transpires you can't click on the username to go to the profile page. But for a split second in that loading process the button that should be a rollover is also a hyperlink underneath. Does this make any sense?
CrazyKittenLady
Rep:
?
04MR17 somehow magically this thread created a big bug on desktop. Can you see it? How ironic haha
RainbowLapras
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
:spider:
CrazyKittenLady
Rep:
?
haha I know! that was so ironic all fixed now,lol
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
That looks very similar to the old foreign emojis bug (now resolved I believe).
CrazyKittenLady
Rep:
?
That looks very similar to the old foreign emojis bug (now resolved I believe).
good memory yes its caused by something similar. TSR is some magical mystery :dunce:
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by AngryJellyfish)

That's an arachnid
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

Thannnnkkkkk yoooou xxxx
Welcome back :jumphug:
Elizabeth II
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't have anything to contribute as I don't really use TSR much these days, but welcome back :hugs: so lovely to see you!
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thanks, the only thing that comes to mind right now is the showthread2 avatar/username display rollover. If you hover over the username and click fast enough, it can take you straight to profile page like ST1 did. But it's not supposed to, or at least if you wait the ~2 seconds for the rollover to load it transpires you can't click on the username to go to the profile page. But for a split second in that loading process the button that should be a rollover is also a hyperlink underneath. Does this make any sense?
Name:  riddles.png
Views: 12
Size:  287.5 KB
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The only thing that springs to mind right now is that I've had issues with the home button moving around in the header bar fairly randomly - I don't think I took any screenshots, but if it happens again I will!

Subscribing to remind myself to post any others I think of later too
flaurie
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Does 'spotlight' usually have something in it? Name:  Screenshot 2021-10-14 09.22.34.png
Views: 8
Size:  13.9 KB
CrazyKittenLady
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 hours ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Welcome back :jumphug:
(Original post by Elizabeth II)
I don't have anything to contribute as I don't really use TSR much these days, but welcome back :hugs: so lovely to see you!
Heyyyya so lovely to hear from you both too, hope your past year and a bit hasn't been to testing with covid and everything else ah. Despite everything I have had such a special time with my little daughter and made some memories to last a life time
CrazyKittenLady
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 hours ago
(Original post by flaurie)
Does 'spotlight' usually have something in it? Name:  Screenshot 2021-10-14 09.22.34.png
Views: 8
Size:  13.9 KB
Ah thanks for spotting, so if the team hasn't got anything to feed into this widget it is just empty, but really it should jsut not be displayed as your right it looks broken. Thank you I have added this to my list
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (30)
88.24%
No (4)
11.76%

Watched Threads