LPC part-time with a full-time job

Watch
amuasher
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Hi! I would really appreciate any insight or experiences of doing the LPC part-time alongside a full-time job. I'm looking to start the course in Feb 2022 at BPP but quite worried about managing both and maintaining a healthy social life as well, would be great to hear any insights on whether this is achievable!

Thank you.
coco128
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 20 hours ago
Hi amuasher,

Full-time students at BPP doing the LPC are expected to devote around 40/45 hours per week on their studies. Realistically, I probably studied around 60 hours per week. Part-time students are expected to do around half that (20 hours). If your full-time job isn't too strenuous it should be ok but are likely to have to study on the weekends/evenings as well, which might hurt your social life.

To flip it round, many of my peers in the full-time LPC tried to have part-time jobs during the year. They all either switched to part-time or quit their jobs even though they were part time. You should be able to do it, but I'm not sure how healthy your social life will be! Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (42)
12.92%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (88)
27.08%
I'm a bit unsure (59)
18.15%
I'm finding things difficult (110)
33.85%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
8%

Watched Threads