horizonblue
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hey there,

I'm applying to medicine 2020 entry and 4 of my 5 choices are medicine. I'll apply before october 15th so the deadline isn't a issue.

However I'm a little confused about the fifth choice. I know it should be something other than medicine. But do you have to apply with all 5 of your choices before oct 15th or can you apply the first 4 before October 15th and then submit your fifth non medicine choice before January.
horizonblue
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I meant 2022 entry, as in I'll be starting my course in September 2022
Simonpartridge
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
i think you have to send off your 5 choices by october 15th, it just seems more easier tbh
hungrysalamander
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Simonpartridge)
i think you have to send off your 5 choices by october 15th, it just seems more easier tbh
False- you can send your 5th after the deadline but leave the 5th blank if you're comitted to medicine.
Nobody2u
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Yes you can add the 5th choice up until the final UCAS deadline, or choose not to use it at all. Would you settle for another course if you didn't get in either because of grades or just lack of offers? Unfortunately both do happen with medecine, or would you be able to do another application round and retake if necessary. Before adding a fifth choice, think very seriously about what you could live with, because if you only get this as an offer would you have pressure on you to take it even if it's not what you want?
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by horizonblue)
Hey there,

I'm applying to medicine 2020 entry and 4 of my 5 choices are medicine. I'll apply before october 15th so the deadline isn't a issue.

However I'm a little confused about the fifth choice. I know it should be something other than medicine. But do you have to apply with all 5 of your choices before oct 15th or can you apply the first 4 before October 15th and then submit your fifth non medicine choice before January.
Just another repost:

No one should pick a 5th, non medicine choice. Never ever do a random degree (that's any degree other than medicine) with the sole aim for graduate entry medicine because it'll take longer, cost more and (most importantly) will be much more competitive

Finally, if you don't have a 5th choice you may be eligible for UCAS Extra or Clearing - some medicine courses go into these.

Bottom line: don't pick a 5th choice, if unsuccessful just take a gap year and reapply next year... unless you wanted to give up in medicine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (53)
14.25%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (94)
25.27%
I'm a bit unsure (66)
17.74%
I'm finding things difficult (127)
34.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
8.6%

Watched Threads