?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m planning to apply to study Business Management in these universities:

UCL
City uni London
Queen Mary
Royal Hollaway
Westminster
There are some courses that offer stuff like a year abroad or a year in industry. These options seem very interesting to me right now, before I’m applying. But I’m not sure weather this going to change or not. Is it logical to do these type of courses? Or is it better to go abroad for a year after graduation?
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by alevelaqyestion)
I’m planning to apply to study Business Management in these universities:

UCL
City uni London
Queen Mary
Royal Hollaway
Westminster
There are some courses that offer stuff like a year abroad or a year in industry. These options seem very interesting to me right now, before I’m applying. But I’m not sure weather this going to change or not. Is it logical to do these type of courses? Or is it better to go abroad for a year after graduation?
Hi!
My course offers the same, an optional year abroad or placement year.
I think it is always a good idea to have the option to do it. I am currently in my second year and will have the option to do a placement next year. Although I'm not 100% sure yet whether I want to do a placement, it is useful having the option to as it means I can apply for placements and work experience, knowing that I will be allowed a year out to do this.
Placements are great because it allows you to gain experience in the industry, something a lot of jobs look for. It also means that you could be seen as more desirable when applying for graduate jobs as you have something that stands out above others.
Of course it isn't essential and you can definitely still get a well paid job after graduating without a placement - but it just gives you that edge.
Hope this helps!
Michaela - UoP Rep
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
YES.
Either will give you a big plus in terms of your degree - more depth/breadth academically, more personal confidence, and just wider 'experience'.
Study Abroad will change your life and when else are you going to get the opportunity to live in another country, study, and travel for a year?
Placements give you an enormous edge for graduate jobs - you will already have the 'experience' that employers want instead of 'just a degree'.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (193)
55.46%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (49)
14.08%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (39)
11.21%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (32)
9.2%
I haven't started researching yet (20)
5.75%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.31%

Watched Threads