The Student Room Group

Shocking True Factoid about UK Christmas Charts ?

The media, radio and TV Covers each year for the UK Charts shows (a traditional Charts for 70 years) A Christmas Charts, but A shockly true factoid that make you feel different and believed in, its always inaccurate.

Christmas Charts has never included Christmas day or Christmas Week Data as it taken before the 1st Day of Christmas ? its a weekly out, (So it a kind of a run-up to Christmas, but not Christmas Charts) the charts is not reached for the sales, units and streams during at Christmas- Time, so the next weekly unbranded charts is the one that really truly counts for Christmas.

so why is it a Christmas charts, how can this hasn't been investigated and how it got away from the truth from UK Music Industry? well not sure, maybe there like the run-up to Christmas data, but i think it to do with this silly Week Ending System tracking the current charts till the next weekly, but the sales, units is not matched or reached to those dates for 6 days as it taking a week before.
Reply 1
A factoid is never true; it's based on assumed or unreliable information.
Original post by Surnia

I get that, but Trust me this is a fact not a fiction, UK Christmas Charts never has include At-Christmas Data, when you look at it, in my View, First Day Of Christmas is 25th December (Christmas Day) so if that data from sales and unit is based from before the 1st Day of Christmas than it too early, and not a Christmas charts, and this year for Radio 1, Top Of The Pops and Media, the data is based from 17-23rd December only, for 24/25th December broadcast or week ending so you can see it doesn't pass though at Christmas they may show it on 24/25/26 and beyond in time, but it's only from 17th to 23rd December 2021 package only. the data From 31st December is From Christmas Eve to 30th December (Christmas Week Data)
Reply 3
Original post by Surnia

he is obsessed. Has posted the same thread about 15 times.
You couldn't buy music on Christmas day for 50 of those years

It's a weekly sales tracking operation that's really for the benefit of the music industry - then the media decided to make a song and dance about the best selling music in the last chart published before Christmas day.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Joinedup
You couldn't buy music on Christmas day for 50 of those years

It's a weekly sales tracking operation that's really for the benefit of the music industry - then the media decided to make a song and dance about the best selling music in the last chart published before Christmas day.

You can download, stream music on Christmas Day and buy music online, so that not correct, also, you could buy music at Christmas every year, it was just before downloads like 2003, you couldn't buy music at Christmas Day as shops was shut, but you could get music anytime after that in Christmas, so media is just playing silly, telling you wrong info and not having the charts in the right way for Christmas.
Why is it so interesting what people are downloading on Christmas day itself?

Christmas day is for overeating and being annoyed by your family.
Original post by Joinedup
Why is it so interesting what people are downloading on Christmas day itself?

Christmas day is for overeating and being annoyed by your family.

Because it important as it Christmas, if you get money or amazon card or spotify etc you can play music from your gifts, so it very important, and for the next weekly charts, the media is wrong, it shockly really, you can buy music at Christmas (Maybe not before 2003 era where shops were shut for Christmas day or boxing day to get music i get that, but it was open during Christmas times till 6th Jan) , so i think it always silly having the Christmas charts before Christmas day data it very misleading to public, the branded Christmas Charts should be to broadcasted after Boxing Day to New Years Day.

Quick Reply

Latest