Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
There are various reasons why you might choose to study a Foundation Year:

Gain confidence
Change direction and explore a new subject
Experience studying at a higher level
Follow a straight-forward path to undergraduate study

A Foundation Year will also benefit students who do not hold the qualifications required for a certain degree.

Complete your foundation year feeling fully prepared to start a degree, having made new friends and feeling integrated into university life at Bradford :thumbsup:

Have any questions about our Foundation Years? Leave them below

Becky

Name:  found-21-591x478.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  36.0 KB
Last edited by University of Bradford; 3 days ago
University of Bradford
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
The Foundation Year is a great way to start your university studies

It's designed for students who don't have the necessary academic and/or English Language qualifications for registration directly onto a degree course.

You'll gain knowledge, understanding and transferable skills which will help you develop as an independent learner and help you succeed at university and beyond :thumbsup:

Successful completion of this programme will enable you to progress to a range of degree programmes in:
Management
Social Science
Nursing

Health and Allied Professions
Life Sciences
Computer Science
Media

Law

Name:  18701.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  62.2 KB
University of Bradford
Rep:
?
Our Foundation in Clinical Sciences/Medicine course is designed to help students access a range of science and health courses - including Medicine :clap2:

Entry onto this course will provide you with a unique and exciting opportunity to study science and health modules in preparation for future progression onto the BSc (Hons) Clinical Sciences and to support an application to Medical School.

Don't worry if you don't have a science background - this course is aimed at those with a science background or with non-science qualifications

Did you know we've developed a partnership with Sheffield Medical School so that the Foundation year provides a formal opportunity for widening participation students to apply to enter the MBChB at Sheffield ?

The high quality of our Foundation Year means it's also recognised by other medical schools. Students have applied successfully to Leeds, Hull York (HYMS), Brighton and Sussex (BSMS), and Norwich (UEA) medical schools.

Name:  23852.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  63.8 KB
Last edited by University of Bradford; 3 days ago
University of Bradford
Rep:
?
The Bradford Engineering Foundation Year gives you the skills you need to start an Engineering degree if you don't currently have the necessary mathematics or science qualifications :clap2:

Successful completion enables you to go onto the first year of any of the following BEng courses:
Chemical Engineering
Civil and Structural Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Biomedical Engineering

Did you know if you achieve a grade of 70% or above you're able to progress directly to our four or five-year integrated Master's programmes (MEng)? :yy:

What will you learn?
The Foundation Year will give you a strong grounding in the engineering fundamentals of mathematics, physics and materials. You'll get an overview of each Engineering area, enabling you to choose the right discipline for you! You'll learn theory and apply this knowledge in varied practical work.

Name:  23889.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  87.9 KB
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (45)
13.12%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
27.11%
I'm a bit unsure (60)
17.49%
I'm finding things difficult (115)
33.53%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.75%

Watched Threads