failing a level biology and beginning to fail a level psychology

Watch
damisiayeni
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
i’m in year 13 now and since the start of year 12 i’ve been doing so bad in biology. it seems no matter how hard i try i just can’t do well. i just did a test on excretion (kidneys and liver) and i got 12/36 even though i revised. and with psychology i got like 30% in my test even though i normally get around 70-90%. i really don’t know what went wrong there. i already have a fear of failure and this has made me really anxious.
Does anyone have any revision tips for these two subjects? thanks

tommadden
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Have you used the physics and maths tutor for biology? Perhaps use Quizlet to find flashcards. do you know whether it is your knowledge that is letting you down or the exam technique? Perhaps ask your teacher if they'd be able to run through exam technique or how to approach the questions after school?

What I did to revise for my exam is familiarise myself with example exam questions; what were they asking of me? what are the hints in the question? Does it relate to anything I've done in class?
I hope that helps
englishhopeful98
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
did you do triple science GCSE because if not you could have some gaps in your knowledge
minnieeeee
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
hey,
i struggled a lot with biology because my teacher wasn’t the best. my class from the entire year group were the only class with gaps of knowledge so i know it was not my fault that i didn’t know many things.
to help, i watched all of miss estruch’s videos on youtube. she has every topic in each playlist and goes through them thoroughly with practicals.
maybe go through them videos and have some exam questions on the side from physics and maths tutor. it will help a lot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (267)
57.54%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (63)
13.58%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (48)
10.34%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (41)
8.84%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
5.39%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
4.31%

Watched Threads