So god damn lost on what im supposed to do.

Watch
CorporalJin
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
It feels like im in a crazy knot that cannot be untied.

I applied for studies a while back, got accepted, I applied for a VISA.
Moved to the UK last week, im supposed to start my course this Friday after missing out on 2 weeks from the start.

However I have to 'check-in' with the admin team at uni first and I think I made a huge mistake, I applied for a Student Visa a while back and recieved an acceptance to stay in the UK for my studies, however I have no idea what the Fk im supposed to look at, what exactly is the proof that I have a Student Visa?
Is it a special number/code or what?
The only number I see is the unique application reference number for my application and im not entirely sure that counts.
I haven't recieved any official emails, I dont even know what a VISA should look like, is it a card? or is it digital?
Also I have recieved NO INFORMATION about how and if I need to collect my BRP (Biometric residence permit)
Like what the Fk should I be looking at?

I just have so much **** to do, got a bank account to open next, need a proof of residency which I have no idea how to get one living in student halls.

Im stressed the **** out, theres 50x numbers and codes that I have to remember and note down, also some paper work seems so contradictory, like I need this for that, but for this, I need that first, which I can't becuase I need this one first.
Im stressed the fk out, im trying to take things slow 1 by 1, but then its gets confusing with mix and match.

The UK government are incompetent to the point they themselves don't even know wtf is going on..
Last edited by CorporalJin; 1 week ago
JasmineAcademic
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by CorporalJin)
It feels like im in a crazy knot that cannot be untied.

I applied for studies a while back, got accepted, I applied for a VISA.
Moved to the UK last week, im supposed to start my course this Friday after missing out on 2 weeks from the start.

However I have to 'check-in' with the admin team at uni first and I think I made a huge mistake, I applied for a Student Visa a while back and recieved an acceptance to stay in the UK for my studies, however I have no idea what the Fk im supposed to look at, what exactly is the proof that I have a Student Visa?
Is it a special number/code or what?
The only number I see is the unique application reference number for my application and im not entirely sure that counts.
I haven't recieved any official emails, I dont even know what a VISA should look like, is it a card? or is it digital?
Also I have recieved NO INFORMATION about how and if I need to collect my BRP (Biometric residence permit)
Like what the Fk should I be looking at?

I just have so much **** to do, got a bank account to open next, need a proof of residency which I have no idea how to get one living in student halls.

Im stressed the **** out, theres 50x numbers and codes that I have to remember and note down, also some paper work seems so contradictory, like I need this for that, but for this, I need that first, which I can't becuase I need this one first.
Im stressed the fk out, im trying to take things slow 1 by 1, but then its gets confusing with mix and match.

The UK government are incompetent to the point they themselves don't even know wtf is going on..
You will either have a code to prove your residential status in the UK or it could be linked to your passport or identity card. Use this website to check which one is it you should have - https://user-auth.apply-to-visit-or-...2Fstatus%2Feua

I think the type of visa proof you has depends on which proof of identity you used when you first applied for the visa! I’m not surprised you’re feeling overwhelmed, it’s a lot to take in and do, especially if you’re getting no help. As long as you applied for the correct visa and you are ticking this option when applying for things, you will have no issue. Everything should be linked to your name and DoB and passport number or Biometric residence permit.

Your student halls room number and address will be the address you use to register for a bank account. Do you have anything that shows this address on? Even your welcome letter or anything you may have been given with your student halls address on is enough to open a bank account. Once you’ve done that you will just have to go into the bank when/if you leave your halls of residence and update your address with your bank. My uni had two banks on site that we could register too which was useful, try and find one near by and you should receive a card within 3-5 days.

When you say about the 50 numbers and code you need to remember, what is this you’re referring to?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (125)
56.82%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (25)
11.36%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (27)
12.27%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (19)
8.64%
I haven't started researching yet (11)
5%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
5.91%

Watched Threads