University

Watch
Liv_bxoxo123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Is anyone else extremely stressed out with uni now we’re working from home? The jump from college up is ridiculous :/
Last edited by Liv_bxoxo123; 1 week ago
161BMW
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What university are you at and which course ?
Liv_bxoxo123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by 161BMW)
What university are you at and which course ?
Oxford, psychology
161BMW
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Work load is high at top universities.
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Liv_bxoxo123)
Is anyone else extremely stressed out with uni now we’re working from home? The jump from college up is ridiculous :/
I'm sorry to hear you're extremely stressed at the moment. Uni can be so hard to manage when you have an immense amount of workload!

Have you thought about exploring mindfulness practice or find ways to manage your stress levels? Activities such as meditation, exercise, and journaling help a lot as you learn to focus on the task and distract your mind from the stress of uni.
As hard as it sounds, it's about finding things that work for you and allow you to juggle everything else in your life. Understandably uni work is a priority, so learning to work around that is something to work on if you're in a cloud of stress right now. Try to take a step back, write down a to-do list of about 5 things to concentrate on, and take things day by day.
Have you spoken to students in the years above you for advice on what they're doing? They may be able to offer some advice as you've been in your shoes!

I hope you find what works for you to manage uni

Veronica
Student Ambassador
Last edited by Coventry University Student Ambassadors; 6 days ago
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Liv_bxoxo123)
Oxford, psychology
Don't you still have labs in the department and tutorials in college? Those are the main sources of learning at Oxford anyway, the lectures are usually just introductory on the topic (at any uni) and the independent reading is something you'd need to do at any uni by yourself (at home or in a library, and at least at home it's warmer and more comfortable!).
Last edited by artful_lounger; 6 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (124)
56.62%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (25)
11.42%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (27)
12.33%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (19)
8.68%
I haven't started researching yet (11)
5.02%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
5.94%

Watched Threads