SW2006
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I applied to be a senior leader in school and got the job role of well-being leader and I have been asked to look for ideas on helping younger students (more for year 7) but I kind of need some ideas on how to help people in a way people don’t speak to me cos of safeguarding I tell staff if I’m worried about them which people in school and parents always tell me that that’s the right thing to do so I think that’s also got me the job but people don’t talk to me but I talk to those who I know and who look nice and those who are upset , shall I just continue doing this and what well-being advice can you people give to me I have an interview with the senior leadership staff and other students in the team after half term and have to have some ideas to share (I think) (week beginning 01/11) ps I’m new on here just joined today
Last edited by SW2006; 1 week ago
Ash1234
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by SW2006)
I applied to be a senior leader in school and got the job role of well-being leader and I have been asked to look for ideas on helping younger students (more for year 7) but I kind of need some ideas on how to help people in a way people don’t speak to me cos of safeguarding I tell staff if I’m worried about them which people in school and parents always tell me that that’s the right thing to do so I think that’s also got me the job but people don’t talk to me but I talk to those who I know and who look nice and those who are upset , shall I just continue doing this and what well-being advice can you people give to me I have an interview with the senior leadership staff and other students in the team after half term and have to have some ideas to share (I think) (week beginning 01/11) ps I’m new on here just joined today
Yes if you're doing everything within your capabilities dont do more but you can ask that question to the leadership, if they have any suggestions too. my suggestion would be dont add to your workload if you don't have the capacity.

If there's a dangerous TikTok video as I've seen it in the news how young people copy them then in an assembly raising awareness off the consequences..

Ask the teacher for your target year group to have a mood board on the display boards (happy, ok and sad). Then if a particular week a class has more sad then you can drop by for 5 minutes.

raise awareness off your job through short videos at assemblies or on the school social media something like role play but just mindful get permission off the parents if you film a child or maybe use a teaching assistant or reception staff who could dress up as a student.

another suggestion:
4-5 health & well being questions on half a paper. students can submit it either annonymously or add their names. The answers can be posted at a box in reception or where your office is. You can also hand these out at lunch too? You can populate the responses for your leadership meeting and you can say based off them findings
1) you can do health & well being themed assembly topics for x amount of weeks
2) any that wrote their name & require intervention then you will book some 1:1 time in with them

Another suggestion would be regular calls with companies like authority & are there still school nurses around, maybe them too? establish a point of contact with them & regular meetings to discuss children at the school??
Last edited by Ash1234; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (249)
57.37%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (58)
13.36%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (47)
10.83%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (37)
8.53%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
5.53%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
4.38%

Watched Threads