The Student Room Group

Undergraduate maintenance loan as a graduate

I've already had a tuition & maintenance loan for my first degree, and am currently receiving a postgrad loan for a part-time Masters course. I've been working part-time alongside the MSc but am in the second year and contemplating leaving it early to work full-time and save money for medicine.

I'm intending to apply to a couple of 5 year undegraduate medicine courses for 2022 entry and planning to rely on the maintenance loan to pay tuition fees if admitted but wondering if I would be classed as an independent or would be assessed based on my parents' income? I'm 22 and currently living with my mother.
Original post by gemplzx
I've already had a tuition & maintenance loan for my first degree, and am currently receiving a postgrad loan for a part-time Masters course. I've been working part-time alongside the MSc but am in the second year and contemplating leaving it early to work full-time and save money for medicine.

I'm intending to apply to a couple of 5 year undegraduate medicine courses for 2022 entry and planning to rely on the maintenance loan to pay tuition fees if admitted but wondering if I would be classed as an independent or would be assessed based on my parents' income? I'm 22 and currently living with my mother.

Hi there, you would be required to provide your parents details unless you meet the independent student criteria http://ow.ly/q5mJ30oSfa5

Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending