The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

FastTrack course at Edge Hill University

Hi, has anyone done the fasttrack course at Edge Hill? If so, do you know if they allow people on it who have completed college before? I have a BTEC qualification but not enough UCAS points to get onto my undergrad course so wanted to do the fast track to help me get on but not sure if they accept anyone who already has done further education after high school
Original post by lxd1a
Hi, has anyone done the fasttrack course at Edge Hill? If so, do you know if they allow people on it who have completed college before? I have a BTEC qualification but not enough UCAS points to get onto my undergrad course so wanted to do the fast track to help me get on but not sure if they accept anyone who already has done further education after high school

Hi there,

I was a Fastrack student in 2013. I had 3 A-Levels and had attended the 1st year of an Undergraduate degree prior to joining Fastrack.

The course is designed to help students who have been out of further education for a while or who may not have continued their education after leaving school. Fastrack includes lessons in note taking, essay writing and referencing. It's designed to give you time to settle back into an education setting so that you feel confident in your own abilities to succeed when you start your Undergraduate degree.

I loved my 7 weeks on the Fastrack course. It helped me to realise I hadn't lost the skills I had learnt in college, I just needed some time to get back into the swing of things.

Best of luck with everything,

Melissa- Course Enquiries
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Hi. I did Fastrack despite having several professional qualifications and did level 3 study straight from secondary school however didn’t have the right UCAS points. It’s a fantastic course, challenging, but worth it. I’m now in semester 2 of my first year and I know that despite my previous qualifications Fastrack has really helped me achieve great grades so far.

The course also helps you find your way around campus during the out of term time when it’s less busy so it’s not as intimidating. A nice bonus.
Original post by Vision2029
Hi. I did Fastrack despite having several professional qualifications and did level 3 study straight from secondary school however didn’t have the right UCAS points. It’s a fantastic course, challenging, but worth it. I’m now in semester 2 of my first year and I know that despite my previous qualifications Fastrack has really helped me achieve great grades so far.

The course also helps you find your way around campus during the out of term time when it’s less busy so it’s not as intimidating. A nice bonus.

Hi, sorry! Just wondering, do you get UCAS points at the end of the fast track course? And if so, how many? I only ask because on the Edge Hill website, it says those who are successful at the end of the 7 week fast track course and would like to progress onto a degree at the university will still need to meet the UCAS requirements for their chosen course. I only have GCSE qualifications, so I’m just confused as to where I would get my UCAS points from if they aren’t awarded for the actual fast track course.

Sorry if this is a stupid question - and don’t worry if you can’t help! I just thought I’d ask seeing as you’ve done the course (:
Hi. You get 45 credits as an access/foundation programme, which attracts UCAS points as recognition for prior learning. Your statement that you use for your Fastrack application is used for your UCAS application so your statement needs to be written with that in mind too. The statement should be written as though applying for your degree but with some mention of Fastrack.

Once you have successfully passed the Fastrack course, The Fastrack office submit your UCAS application on your behalf so there is no worry on that process however all the tips about your personal statement will be the same. You never use UCAS, the office do that for you but obviously the application for Fastrack is formalised to align with it.

With regards to the course, you are actually only on campus for 6 weeks; the first week is ‘admin’ done online at your leisure. Worth keeping in mind if you are leaving a job to do it.

There is an On Campus Event Fastrack Open Evening, 24th Feb 2022, 5:30pm - 7:30pm, further information here: www.edgehill.ac.uk/events/2022/02/24/fastrack-2022-open-evening/
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Vision2029
Hi. You get 45 credits as an access/foundation programme, which attracts UCAS points as recognition for prior learning. Your statement that you use for your Fastrack application is used for your UCAS application so your statement needs to be written with that in mind too. The statement should be written as though applying for your degree but with some mention of Fastrack.

Once you have successfully passed the Fastrack course, The Fastrack office submit your UCAS application on your behalf so there is no worry on that process however all the tips about your personal statement will be the same. You never use UCAS, the office do that for you but obviously the application for Fastrack is formalised to align with it.

With regards to the course, you are actually only on campus for 6 weeks; the first week is ‘admin’ done online at your leisure. Worth keeping in mind if you are leaving a job to do it.

There is an On Campus Event Fastrack Open Evening, 24th Feb 2022, 5:30pm - 7:30pm, further information here: www.edgehill.ac.uk/events/2022/02/24/fastrack-2022-open-evening/

Ah thank you very much! This is super helpful, I really appreciate it (:
Hello,

Can you do the course online or does it have to be in person?

Thanks,
Chloe
Hi @chloenewman1,

Unfortunately, our Fastrack course isn't currently delivered online. It is taught face to face on campus. Students should typically expect to be in Monday to Friday, 10am until 3pm. You may find it useful to attend our Fastrack open evening on Thursday 9th March from 5:30pm-7pm. During the event you will be able to learn more about our Fastrack programme and meet our subject tutors. You can book your place here.

I hope this helps

Pippa
Course Enquiries Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending