Am I the only one with a non-existent social life at Uni?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Anyone else in this position right now or only me? Like its abysmal bad, my social life. I'm interested in a grand total of 0 of the societies my University has to offer, my housemates all have their own friend groups and I only have 1 friend on my course who has better friends to hang out with.

What does this mean for 2nd year then? Am I definitely screwed? Like I'm definitely not going to have found my friend group, think about it as I'm interested in 0 societies, only have 1 friend on my course who has way better friends in his flat anyways and I'm only meh with housemates.

I saw a post that said that people look for flats around now for 2nd year. How am I gonna do that when I have 0 good friends at Uni? Does this mean I need to book a flat for myself right now then?

My conclusion from being at Uni: University Social Life is extremely overrated, most people know eachother beforehand and if you are in unsocial halls like me and dont like any of the societies, there are 0 ways to make good friends.
RealSexhaver69
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Anyone else in this position right now or only me? Like its abysmal bad, my social life. I'm interested in a grand total of 0 of the societies my University has to offer, my housemates all have their own friend groups and I only have 1 friend on my course who has better friends to hang out with.

What does this mean for 2nd year then? Am I definitely screwed? Like I'm definitely not going to have found my friend group, think about it as I'm interested in 0 societies, only have 1 friend on my course who has way better friends in his flat anyways and I'm only meh with housemates.

I saw a post that said that people look for flats around now for 2nd year. How am I gonna do that when I have 0 good friends at Uni? Does this mean I need to book a flat for myself right now then?

My conclusion from being at Uni: University Social Life is extremely overrated, most people know eachother beforehand and if you are in unsocial halls like me and dont like any of the societies, there are 0 ways to make good friends.
Yh kinda feel the same what uni are you at?
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Hi!

You're only a couple of weeks into uni by this time, so you've got plenty of time to make friends. Plus there are so many students who still look for a house in January. You'll have plenty of opportunities in seminars.
Maybe have another look at societies. It doesn't have to be sport related it could be people who watch movies together. Just try and be open-minded. Have you tried introducing yourself to your flat neighbours? This might be another chance to meet some more people and make friends.
What makes you meh with your housemates? Try and organise a flat night out or go and do something together, like go bowling. This might allow them to open up a bit more and for all to get to know each other.

Best wishes
Chloe - Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (193)
55.3%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (49)
14.04%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (40)
11.46%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (32)
9.17%
I haven't started researching yet (20)
5.73%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.3%

Watched Threads