Joe67804
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
GCSEs 7 x grade 9 (Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Music, PE, Geography) 2 x grade 8 (English Lit and Lang), 1 x grade 7 (French)
A levels predicted A*A*A* (Maths, Biology, Chemistry)
UCAT total 2770 (VR 520, DM 650, QR 830, AR 770)
SJT band 2
Work experience - several online sessions including with Medic Mentor, volunteered at Covid clinic, phone interviews with doctors, shadowed a physio for a week. Also several non-medical client-facing jobs including tennis coaching, cafe/kitchen work, online maths teaching
Contextual school
Research and preferences: my original preferences were for Edinburgh, Bristol, Newcastle, Nottingham and Birmingham but we think that my UCAT will be under the threshold for interviews there this year, despite my result being classed as very good. Manchester, Sheffield, Barts and Aston are my current shortlist but I'm also considering Kings and Exeter. Written off Scottish Unis as they seem so hard to get into for RUK. Anyone have any suggestions on where I should apply, I thought kings was meant to require a very high UCAT but now I’m seeing others with higher cut offs.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated
ashpritgcse2020
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
keele perhaps? also i think you have been misinformed. Your UCAT scores are well above all uni thresholds and cut offs. dont look at the cut off score look at the mean scores interviewed.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Joe67804)
...Anyone have any suggestions on where I should apply...
There is a specific thread made for these questions.

Read the first post, and then post to https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7102578
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (53)
14.25%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (94)
25.27%
I'm a bit unsure (66)
17.74%
I'm finding things difficult (127)
34.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
8.6%

Watched Threads