Any advices for ib student who will apply to lse management?

Watch
ibismylife
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
In the case if I could get the grade like this; Japanese A HL7, Economics HL6, Maths AI HL6, English B SL6, Business SL7, Chemistry SL (6 or 5) with 2 or 3 from EE and TOK. (41 max to 38 minimum) But the quality of personal statement is not high.
What do you think about this? Any thoughts?
thomas234542
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The PS needs to be VERY GOOD for LSE, as they highly reagrd it. Plus, management at LSE is highly competitive. Try get you PS better.

All the best
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ibismylife)
In the case if I could get the grade like this; Japanese A HL7, Economics HL6, Maths AI HL6, English B SL6, Business SL7, Chemistry SL (6 or 5) with 2 or 3 from EE and TOK. (41 max to 38 minimum) But the quality of personal statement is not high.
What do you think about this? Any thoughts?
A weak statement and potentially 38 overall? I would say unlikely. Even with 41 they can still be picky with regards to the PS.

Why do you think the statement will be weak?
ibismylife
Rep:
?
(Original post by thomas234542)
The PS needs to be VERY GOOD for LSE, as they highly reagrd it. Plus, management at LSE is highly competitive. Try get you PS better.

All the best
Thank you!
ibismylife
Rep:
?
(Original post by Admit-One)
A weak statement and potentially 38 overall? I would say unlikely. Even with 41 they can still be picky with regards to the PS.

Why do you think the statement will be weak?
Thank you for your reply! It helps me a lot!
Because I don't have many experiences that relate to the management course degree.
As you mentioned lse is very competitive even over 40 grade, I may not apply to lse management as my actual interests are business.
I was looking for the good unis that offer business degree in london like ucl, lse, kcl, etc... However, except kcl, they don't offer business degrees. I found information business and statistics something (I don't remember the exact name.) at ucl and management at lse, but they are not that business. (I was also looking for bath, durham, warwick, etc... but I personally want to stay in london as its convenience.)

Do you have any advices for me?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (211)
56.57%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (50)
13.4%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (41)
10.99%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
8.85%
I haven't started researching yet (22)
5.9%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
4.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed