The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
pratikv
yes, it's still windows. if you want yours to have the same 'apple dock' thing as mine, and look all nice in black, then visit the link below, which is where i got mine from:

http://en.crystalxp.net/bricopack.php

click on download for 'vista inspirat bricopack' and just follow the few steps. it's really easy to install, and all the stuff on your computer stays the same, but just looks better and cleaner now. anyhows, i hope that this helps. :wink: :smile:

Oooh so that's how they do it. :biggrin: Thanks! I won't do that though, I like my blue normal windows. :wink:
ive changed my desktop, what do you think?

Reply 42
3xhilaration
ive changed my desktop, what do you think?

Oooh, special!
Very basic but has pic of my daughter.

Reply 44
My desktop is a picture by the Graffiti artist 'Banksy'...Yer, rawk \m/

Mine
Your's are all so neat!

Mine:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/Miss_NIghtmare/desktopscreenshot.jpg

the more thangs on your desktop the slower your pc :p:
Brown Eyed Girl
the more thangs on your desktop the slower your pc :p:

I have a pretty fast computer so it makes little difference. :cool:
Ghna you show of you...

i need to upgrade my pc so i can play my new games its really anoying :frown:
Update, I've changed mine now, using the previously posted link. I quite like it. My laptop is old so it has slowed down a bit now, but I don't do anything on this computer anyway so I'm not bothered.

snmichaels, just wondered how you edited the colour of your taskbar etc and how you're using a different set of icons/symbols?

also, what system/theme were you using in your first desktop post? it looks cool! could you please post some links, and explain how?

thank you. :smile:
pratikv
snmichaels, just wondered how you edited the colour of your taskbar etc and how you're using a different set of icons/symbols?

also, what system/theme were you using in your first desktop post? it looks cool! could you please post some links, and explain how?

thank you. :smile:

using the same website u provided before but by using a different bricopack, i believe the 1 above is the same as mine (further up the page) this is named - "Longhorn Inspirat"
3xhilaration
using the same website u provided before but by using a different bricopack, i believe the 1 above is the same as mine (further up the page) this is named - "Longhorn Inspirat"

oh right, that was my first guess, but i thought you may have downloaded one of those 'appearance editor' programmes, so you can customise your desktop (colour, icons, size, etc) exactly how you want.
The first shot of my original desktop is pure XP. If you right-click the desktop, properties, appearances tab. You can use the various options to change the colours and icon sizes. I have XP professional though, not sure if that makes a difference. Dunno if XP Home has the same options. The new shot of my desktop is from that link posted earlier. Thanks for that, I'm loving it :biggrin:

For the person who asked how to remove icons, right-click, arrange icons by, show desktop icons.
snmichaels
The first shot of my original desktop is pure XP. If you right-click the desktop, properties, appearances tab. You can use the various options to change the colours and icon sizes. I have XP professional though, not sure if that makes a difference. Dunno if XP Home has the same options. The new shot of my desktop is from that link posted earlier. Thanks for that, I'm loving it :biggrin:

For the person who asked how to remove icons, right-click, arrange icons by, show desktop icons.

glad to see you're enjoying it! i just think that it looks so much nicer, and everything looks sleeker and cleaner. i couldn't go back to my regular visual style for XP now! :smile:
Reply 57
here is mine :smile:
My Desktop
^that's quite a terrifying background you have there, i'm scared!
Reply 59
its ace lol, Coheed and Cambria =D

Latest

Trending

Trending