The Student Room Group

Queens/Magee nursing & midwifery intake 2022

Starting a new thread on here for the new and reapplying intakes for 2022, as we all start our personal statements and ucas applications it’s nice to have a place to come and get some advice and to ask and answer questions like we had last year so work away and let’s hope it’s good luck this year!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Red_101
Starting a new thread on here for the new and reapplying intakes for 2022, as we all start our personal statements and ucas applications it’s nice to have a place to come and get some advice and to ask and answer questions like we had last year so work away and let’s hope it’s good luck this year!

Top tips for a personal statement on nursing please!

Also what kind of work experience would help?
Reply 2
Original post by Pizza_Aliza
Top tips for a personal statement on nursing please!

Also what kind of work experience would help?

Do not submit your first draft, I done 10 all together with rearranging and getting everyone to read it giving me advice on what to add in or take out, get a good layout going and make sure you add in any personal experiences you have had yourself! Don’t have it too ‘wordy’ make your point and show in all your skills and qualities how it would benefit you in nursing or midwifery!

Any experience that required you to work with the public is ideal, even if you worked in a shop you can mention how you had the abilities to defuse a challenging situation when it arose with aggravated customers and maintained a professional role throughout.

Just some wee examples and goodluck!
Original post by Red_101
Do not submit your first draft, I done 10 all together with rearranging and getting everyone to read it giving me advice on what to add in or take out, get a good layout going and make sure you add in any personal experiences you have had yourself! Don’t have it too ‘wordy’ make your point and show in all your skills and qualities how it would benefit you in nursing or midwifery!

Any experience that required you to work with the public is ideal, even if you worked in a shop you can mention how you had the abilities to defuse a challenging situation when it arose with aggravated customers and maintained a professional role throughout.

Just some wee examples and goodluck!

Much appreciated!

Thank you 💜
Reply 4
Has everyone their applications sent in? Deadline day is just around the corner!
It’s sonru again this year for the interview process, last year they didn’t look at the personal statements to narrow down the applicants so hopefully this year they do
Reply 5
Original post by Red_101
Has everyone their applications sent in? Deadline day is just around the corner!
It’s sonru again this year for the interview process, last year they didn’t look at the personal statements to narrow down the applicants so hopefully this year they do

It’s that time of the year again! How have you found out that it’s sonru this time again?☺️
Reply 6
It was posted on a midwifery page I follow on Facebook
Queens midwifery applicants 2022
I also received an email from queens when I had my application received that they are continuing with the sonru interview process.
Reply 7
Hi everyone Iv applied for children’s and adult nursing with queens does anyone no if there is any chats yet for this on Facebook or mybe we could start one
Reply 8
Original post by Ash lav
Hi everyone Iv applied for children’s and adult nursing with queens does anyone no if there is any chats yet for this on Facebook or mybe we could start one

I don’t think so, I think that would be a great idea to start one!
Reply 9
Iv started one on Facebook called qub/ulster healthcare/nursing applicants 22/23, iv tried to post the link here but it dnt seem to be working 🤦*♀️
Reply 10
Original post by Ash lav
Iv started one on Facebook called qub/ulster healthcare/nursing applicants 22/23, iv tried to post the link here but it dnt seem to be working 🤦*♀️

I’ll look for it here now,

I just got told in a group chat there that the interview process is going to be different this year again so that’l be interesting to see
Reply 11
Original post by Red_101
I’ll look for it here now,

I just got told in a group chat there that the interview process is going to be different this year again so that’l be interesting to see

I had msg ulster and the lady told me it was with a crowd who took over sonru but the same interview process as last year , it would be great if we got the questions in advance lol
Reply 12
Original post by Ash lav
I had msg ulster and the lady told me it was with a crowd who took over sonru but the same interview process as last year , it would be great if we got the questions in advance lol

That’s what it’s meant to be, the same as social workers interview last year, I would love to see the questions then submit, a lot less stress lol
Reply 14
Original post by Red_101
That’s what it’s meant to be, the same as social workers interview last year, I would love to see the questions then submit, a lot less stress lol

that would be unreal!!!
Reply 15
So are we seeing the questions first?
Reply 16
Original post by Bumpah
So are we seeing the questions first?

Meant to be, a nursing student in queens this year got an email to say it’l be pre-recorded and questions given in advance
Reply 17
Original post by Red_101
Meant to be, a nursing student inqueens this year got an email to say it’l be pre-recorded and questions given in advance

Oh I really hope this is the case coz I just blanked out last year 😞
Reply 18
Original post by DMC85
Oh I really hope this is the case coz I just blanked out last year 😞

I really hope this is the case, I thought I done ok untill I got my score 🙈 couldn’t believe it. I just need to get better prepared this year.
Reply 19
Original post by Ash lav
I really hope this is the case, I thought I done ok untill I got my score 🙈 couldn’t believe it. I just need to get better prepared this year.

How did u get your score?

Quick Reply

Latest