The Student Room Group

Telling parents

Sooo, when do people in general tell their parents about their partners?

I recently started dating a guy, our whole history together is a bit weird but we got to a solid conclusion in the end. My family simply know him as a "dude who's only a good friend because I would never date him!" (from my own words a while back).

The problem is, I come from a slavic family, and where my mother might not react too much, my father is a very much stereotypical Russian man. My boyfriend is just a small lovely British guy who wouldn't hurt a fly, he's a bit of a nerd and I really don't think he would want to have a vodka drinking or press up contest with my father.

Therefore going back to my question, when do people in general discuss this?
No point really discussing it unless you are both in a solid and committed relationship tbh
It won’t hurt to be transparent about it if this is something that makes you happy and such, especially if you have a supportive family. But people wait until it’s solid as the poster above said.

It might be embarrassing to announce that you’ve got into a relationship only to find out that it’s ended like a week later. :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending