The Student Room Group

Letter from America

Any US students want to give a precis of how America is under Biden?

Pick your area(s) of interest . . . The economy, health, society . . especially border issues and is America divided, international influence . . . All seems a bit quiet since you know who left office.
Reply 1
'lets go Brandon'
Reply 2
things are quite because media supports Bidden or nothing is different.
oh who am I kidding. Im not the best for this, I try to stay out of it.
Political issues heavily affect the most vulnerable, so the degree to which biden has actually affected someone's life varies massively from person to person. Biden is technically doing slightly less bad things than trump, but he doesn't do much good, and he definitely isn't discontinuing many of trump's most horrendous policies.

"nothing fundamental will change", and nothing fundamental has, we just painted the walls blue
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by NJA
Any US students want to give a precis of how America is under Biden?

Pick your area(s) of interest . . . The economy, health, society . . especially border issues and is America divided, international influence . . . All seems a bit quiet since you know who left office.

RIP Alistair Cooke.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00f6hbp

Sadly not around when he was needed the most.
Reply 5
Original post by hotpud
RIP Alistair Cooke.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00f6hbp

Sadly not around when he was needed the most.

Is there no-one like him in this generation?
All those people who listened to him in their youth . . I guess journalism has got politicised and de-personalised.
Everyone has their truth, the other sides are fake news.
Reply 6
Original post by NJA
Is there no-one like him in this generation?
All those people who listened to him in their youth . . I guess journalism has got politicised and de-personalised.
Everyone has their truth, the other sides are fake news.

Of course there are. John Sopel has written some excellent books on America. Others too. But you can't follow a legend. It just wouldn't work.
Reply 7
Original post by hotpud
Of course there are. John Sopel has written some excellent books on America. Others too. But you can't follow a legend. It just wouldn't work.

Maybe if you listen to the best "influencer" on either side and take the best from both.

I listen to Ben Shapiro & Jordan Peterson occasionally.
Reply 8
Original post by NJA
Maybe if you listen to the best "influencer" on either side and take the best from both.

Nah - the best reporters are those who are objective. Influencers are biased and miss the bigger picture.
Original post by NJA

That explains a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending