The Student Room Group

Graduate Role: Capgemini

Finished my MSc in Data Science / AI. A friend of mine referred me to his workplace at Capgemini. --- my whole paragraph was somehow deleted. Nevertheless my answers have been found but the discussion below is about the interview process if interested, from my experience that is.
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I did my VI for them like 2 weeks ago
Reply 2
Original post by Proxenus
I did my VI for them like 2 weeks ago

I see. I’ve got the official offer now so I have my answers. Any feedback on your side ?
Original post by DeanB27943
I see. I’ve got the official offer now so I have my answers. Any feedback on your side ?

how was the ac?

what was even your question 🀣
Reply 4
Original post by Proxenus
how was the ac?

what was even your question 🀣

Without sounding like too much of an ass about this, I actually skipped the entire process. Essentially, I was referred by an existing employee since not only was I finishing my MSc, and I also had a few β€œinteresting” experiences as well as relevant to the position. So with this combined… I sent my application, got offered an interview 4 hours later. Was told the interview was next week. Found out two hours before the interview was conducted that this was the final interview before an offer (previously under the assumption it was just a general, round 1 interview of general questions).

So what I can help you with- the final interview.

I was interviewed by the department head (DH) and the relevant team lead who was looking for a candidate. The DH and the Lead divided the hour long interview into two different groups of questions. DH asked 1 or 2 general questions about me and then would rotate to Lead for 1, 2 technical questions, this cycle repeated for about 45 minutes before they opened up the floor for me to ask them questions.

The questions I recall are:
The typical - why here, asked a bit about their clients and what I know about consulting. What difficulties do you think a consultant at Capgemini would face. What do I like to do with my own time. Asked me to tell me more about myself and my background. HOWEVER, most questions were tailored to my CV so the former only occupied possibly 10 mins of the interview at best.

They were keen to know why I studied one thing for my undergrad and made the switch to a math heavy topic. They wanted to know how I managed when I worked abroad and what challenges I faced (I worked in Taiwan for a year, with many work trips to HK frequently). How I over come them and would I be willing to do it again.

What I took away from the interview: they were keen to know how adaptable I could be. How I could take ownership over my work with all responsibilities. They wanted to understand my will to learn and if I’m interested in continuing that.

As for the technical, that depends on what you apply for but since I was going to the math/ IT side they asked me about product life cycles and how they’re managed. If I had experience with it and which technologies I can / prefer to use. They asked about what programming languages are best used for specific tasks etc. But that may or may not be relevant to you.

My ADVICE: be honest about what you can and cannot do. The interviewers were both seniors in their fields both holding PhD’s.. they know when someone is bs’ing there way through questions. Have respect for them but talk to them as if you were buddies in class. They’re looking for someone to work with long term and are mostly interested if you fit their work culture and environment. Read into the company values and answer your questions in STAR format.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
Has anyone received an AC date after VI?
Reply 6
Original post by GA0909
Has anyone received an AC date after VI?

Not yet! I received an email saying I had passed the VI last week though
Reply 7
Original post by caddena
Not yet! I received an email saying I had passed the VI last week though

Which intake are you guys applying for, as in date for starting and which department ?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8
Which intake are you guys applying for, as in date for starting and which department ?

I applied for the Corporate Experience and Workforce and Organisation and the July-September 2022 intake. What about you?
Reply 9
Original post by caddena
I applied for the Corporate Experience and Workforce and Organisation and the July-September 2022 intake. What about you?

I gotcha. I applied for this November’s intake but was second to someone else. So they said that I’ll join in March, although they are trying to get me in by February 2022. For Data & Insights that is.
Reply 10
I gotcha. I applied for this November’s intake but was second to someone else. So they said that I’ll join in March, although they are trying to get me in by February 2022. For Data & Insights that is.

have you had your AC this year then? was it virtual? :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by caddena
have you had your AC this year then? was it virtual? :smile:

No buddy. I skipped the entire process. Went from application to final interview, then was offered the role πŸ˜…. But I posted earlier about the final interview and what it was like if you want to read that. Happy to share advice on it
Reply 12
No buddy. I skipped the entire process. Went from application to final interview, then was offered the role πŸ˜…. But I posted earlier about the final interview and what it was like if you want to read that. Happy to share advice on it

wow thats amazing, well done. where can I find your post on the final interview? Thanks :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by caddena
wow thats amazing, well done. where can I find your post on the final interview? Thanks :smile:

Ill copy and paste it here, itsjust further up the thread.
------
So what I can help you with- the final interview.

I was interviewed by the department head (DH) and the relevant team lead who was looking for a candidate. The DH and the Lead divided the hour long interview into two different groups of questions. DH asked 1 or 2 general questions about me and then would rotate to Lead for 1, 2 technical questions, this cycle repeated for about 45 minutes before they opened up the floor for me to ask them questions.

The questions I recall are:
The typical - why here, asked a bit about their clients and what I know about consulting. What difficulties do you think a consultant at Capgemini would face. What do I like to do with my own time. Asked me to tell me more about myself and my background. HOWEVER, most questions were tailored to my CV so the former only occupied possibly 10 mins of the interview at best.

They were keen to know why I studied one thing for my undergrad and made the switch to a math heavy topic. They wanted to know how I managed when I worked abroad and what challenges I faced (I worked in Taiwan for a year, with many work trips to HK frequently). How I over come them and would I be willing to do it again.

What I took away from the interview: they were keen to know how adaptable I could be. How I could take ownership over my work with all responsibilities. They wanted to understand my will to learn and if I’m interested in continuing that.

As for the technical, that depends on what you apply for but since I was going to the math/ IT side they asked me about product life cycles and how they’re managed. If I had experience with it and which technologies I can / prefer to use. They asked about what programming languages are best used for specific tasks etc. But that may or may not be relevant to you.

My ADVICE: be honest about what you can and cannot do. The interviewers were both seniors in their fields both holding PhD’s.. they know when someone is bs’ing there way through questions. Have respect for them but talk to them as if you were buddies in class. They’re looking for someone to work with long term and are mostly interested if you fit their work culture and environment. Read into the company values and answer your questions in STAR format

------
Reply 14
anyone heard back from the frog division? I did VI 12 days ago and still nothing...
Original post by escaff
anyone heard back from the frog division? I did VI 12 days ago and still nothing...

Hi would you mind sharing any tips for situational strengths test / VI? I have applied for frog too
Original post by northerngirl21
Hi would you mind sharing any tips for situational strengths test / VI? I have applied for frog too

what's your IG I have screenshots
Reply 17
Anyone received an ac for the financial services division?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 18
I've been told I passed the VI and they will let me know if I'm selected for the AC... anyone in the same boat? Do I actually have any chance of being called for ac?
Reply 19
I passed the VI months ago. I am applying for the Oct/Nov intake and they said they will be calling to AC come April. Don’t stress

Quick Reply