AZuzuLemon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Does anyone have any referencing tips or research tips that they’ve found useful when writing uni essays? This is completely new to me as we didn’t have to include references in sixth form. Any advice?
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AZuzuLemon)
Does anyone have any referencing tips or research tips that they’ve found useful when writing uni essays? This is completely new to me as we didn’t have to include references in sixth form. Any advice?
Hi!
One piece of advice that I would give to you is to have a look at google scholar.
Google scholar allows you to search for an article, book, etc, and (provided it is on their database) will give you the reference for it.
If you select the quotation marks underneath the website it shows you how it would be reference (or cited) in all the different referencing methods.
It's always best to just double check the reference they give you for mistakes (different versions, wrong dates, etc) but it is almost always correct.
Hope this helps!
Michaela - UoP Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (159)
85.03%
No (28)
14.97%

Watched Threads