tanishab1234
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hi guys! So I'm on a gap year and my form teacher (and biology teacher) from school is writing my reference. I'm an international student so she's not really written a reference for medicine before because in my country we just have exams for entry. She was wondering if my recent work experience has to be included? Like I've told her about it but obviously she hasn't seen me do it because I was on a gap year plus it was outside of school anyway. Should she just mention it briefly? Or go into detail about what I've gained from it?
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by tanishab1234)
Hi guys! So I'm on a gap year and my form teacher (and biology teacher) from school is writing my reference. I'm an international student so she's not really written a reference for medicine before because in my country we just have exams for entry. She was wondering if my recent work experience has to be included? Like I've told her about it but obviously she hasn't seen me do it because I was on a gap year plus it was outside of school anyway. Should she just mention it briefly? Or go into detail about what I've gained from it?
References aren't that important, it's mostly just screened (briefly) for red flags like "this student likes lying" or "this student has never turned up to school, I don't know why they are asking us to write this reference" etc.

If you wanted to talk about what you have learnt from it, write it in the PS. After all, it's you who have attended the work experience and not your referee - they can say "recently tanishab1234 has attended this and that". Keep it factual.
tanishab1234
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by ecolier)
References aren't that important, it's mostly just screened (briefly) for red flags like "this student likes lying" or "this student has never turned up to school, I don't know why they are asking us to write this reference" etc.

If you wanted to talk about what you have learnt from it, write it in the PS. After all, it's you who have attended the work experience and not your referee - they can say "recently tanishab1234 has attended this and that". Keep it factual.
Alright thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (53)
14.21%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (94)
25.2%
I'm a bit unsure (66)
17.69%
I'm finding things difficult (128)
34.32%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
8.58%

Watched Threads