olivia.jane24
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
Does anyone know of any revision techniques that help with remembering the notes please. I have tried mind maps, but doesn't work for me.
Last edited by olivia.jane24; 1 day ago

anth_xx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Read your notes and read out loud. If it's something you need to memorise, after you finish reading a small section over, look away from your notes and recite it to yourself to see if you remember. If you don't, then do it again. Also whilst doing this, make very brief notes with headings and bullet points so when you finish reading everything, you can go over those bullet points and say as much as you remember about each point. This way, you can identify which sections you didn't quite elaborate on and study them again. For me, writing is a lot more helpful that typing or reading notes on my laptop. Hope that helps!
olivia.jane24
Rep:
?
(Original post by anth_xx)
Read your notes and read out loud. If it's something you need to memorise, after you finish reading a small section over, look away from your notes and recite it to yourself to see if you remember. If you don't, then do it again. Also whilst doing this, make very brief notes with headings and bullet points so when you finish reading everything, you can go over those bullet points and say as much as you remember about each point. This way, you can identify which sections you didn't quite elaborate on and study them again. For me, writing is a lot more helpful that typing or reading notes on my laptop. Hope that helps!
this sounds really helpful, thanks!
josie71202
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I find making flashcards helpful, I did online ones but you can make either
olivia.jane24
Rep:
?
(Original post by josie71202)
I find making flashcards helpful, I did online ones but you can make either
Thank you!
summerbirdreads
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Blurting always works!
olivia.jane24
Rep:
?
(Original post by summerbirdreads)
Blurting always works!
Thanks!
JenieOh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
you can use a technique called active recall, It helps retrieve memory from your brain 🧠! I don't know the specifics, but you can search online though!
Last edited by JenieOh; 1 day ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (42)
13.04%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (88)
27.33%
I'm a bit unsure (57)
17.7%
I'm finding things difficult (110)
34.16%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (25)
7.76%

Watched Threads