The Student Room Group

Resitting a levels

So I’m resitting my A levels in 7 months as I achieved DDE this year…And I know I have the capability of doing well but I’m just terrible with organisation and time.I also struggle with motivation (I’ll have random times like now, where it hits me and I have this burst of motivation to just do better).So basically I just wanted to ask if people think it’s possible to achieve C’s and B’s or possibly 3 B’s …Even though I’ll be learning ALL the content from first year aswell as I never did any revision on the topics properly in my first year (and second) cause I’m just lazy..
Absolutely possible…. It’ll just take a lot of work. You need to build discipline (its taking me a long time to build it too) once you have consistency and your work isn’t just based on the random times you have full motivation, your grades will increase, because you’ll be putting the work in.

Start off with the content, do the first year content in two months etc eg by using the textbook, then start with the revision :smile:
Reply 2
Yes of course you can get C's or B's. You just need to try and set aside time each day to do some revision, and allow yourself breaks. Not having any will make you resent revising even more. I also found that putting your phone away (during revision) or turning it off helps, maybe give yourself 5/10 minutes every hour to go on it or stretch your legs, I found this helps keep your focus when revising for hours.

Go though the revision guides top to bottom, and maybe try watching some videos too. I also found that practicing questions (after you have learned the content) really helps cement your knowledge and will help you in exams to apply your knowledge to different types of questions you will get asked. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by User44221
So I’m resitting my A levels in 7 months as I achieved DDE this year…And I know I have the capability of doing well but I’m just terrible with organisation and time.I also struggle with motivation (I’ll have random times like now, where it hits me and I have this burst of motivation to just do better).So basically I just wanted to ask if people think it’s possible to achieve C’s and B’s or possibly 3 B’s …Even though I’ll be learning ALL the content from first year aswell as I never did any revision on the topics properly in my first year (and second) cause I’m just lazy..

Strive for As so if you fall, you land on the Bs. But yeah it's possible. Mind maps, structured notes, strict timetable, communication with teachers/online tutours, relentlessly practicing past papers and understanding mark schemes would be good places to start.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest