What career can I go into with these A Levels?

Watch this thread
Celzo7
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hello, so I just changed Chemistry to Health and Social Care as I was not sure if I could handle both Biology and Chemistry, so now I am doing Biology, Psychology and Health & Social Care.

I want to go into midwifery but I’m not certain whether I could with these. (I know a Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care would allow me to be one but I’m too far into college to drop all my subjects and catching up would be a hassle)

I don’t know what other career I could go into with these A Levels cause I don’t only want to look at midwifery, do you know what I could possibly try look into?

Please help.
Arden University
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
@Celzo7

Hello, I teach on a Nursing and Midwifery Access program so I might be able to help.

As well as doing relevant level 3's for midwifery you need to have good GCSE's or a Level 2 equivalent in English and Maths. You do need science too, but your Level 3 would cover that area.

I would speak to the admissions tutor at your local University as Midwifery is very very competitive. A Midwifery Access program would have a little bit more sciency stuff on it with Human Biology, Health Science, and a social science like Psychology or health studies.

If you wanted to pursue Psychology, it is a brilliant degree to do, however the employment market is saturated with people with Psychology degree's - to be a fully qualified Psychologist you need to do doctorate level study. You could maybe do a Psychology degree and then teach it with a PGCE afterwards

There are a lot of job opportunities in the social work sector, you might consider a degree in that, or doing a degree like psychology and doing your masters in Social Work - quite a few people try that option

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
Celzo7
Rep:
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
[QUOTE=Arden University;96013873]@Celzo7

Hello, I teach on a Nursing and Midwifery Access program so I might be able to help.

As well as doing relevant level 3's for midwifery you need to have good GCSE's or a Level 2 equivalent in English and Maths. You do need science too, but your Level 3 would cover that area.

I would speak to the admissions tutor at your local University as Midwifery is very very competitive. A Midwifery Access program would have a little bit more sciency stuff on it with Human Biology, Health Science, and a social science like Psychology or health studies.

If you wanted to pursue Psychology, it is a brilliant degree to do, however the employment market is saturated with people with Psychology degree's - to be a fully qualified Psychologist you need to do doctorate level study. You could maybe do a Psychology degree and then teach it with a PGCE afterwards

There are a lot of job opportunities in the social work sector, you might consider a degree in that, or doing a degree like psychology and doing your masters in Social Work - quite a few people try that option

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador

Just to say for my GCSEs I got:

English Language - 6
English Literature - 7
Maths - 7
Btec Health and Social Care - D2

Thank you for your response!
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
NHS Healthcare job roles : https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/explore-roles
Trolly42b
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Another career you could consider is becoming a Paramedic, with those A-levels, meeting university entry requirements and relevant experience you would definitely be considered for the course
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (14)
29.79%
Take a gap year (12)
25.53%
Resit my exams (8)
17.02%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (6)
12.77%
I don't know yet (4)
8.51%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
6.38%

Watched Threads