Why are Muslim girls obsessed with virginity?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
What is the point of saving yourself for marriage, these days educated muslim men don't even want to marry a woman unless she is on a high salary, Might as well live like a non Muslim, right?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by SRM.ali2)
bruv shut up your thirsty neek
Genuine question for muslim girls
tahsinkalam
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
bruvvvv are you okay?
SRM.ali2
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Genuine question for muslim girls
you answered your question in the title
summerbirdreads
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
As a Muslim girl, I didn't know we were so obsessed, I thought we were just following our religion
summerbirdreads
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
these days educated muslim men don't even want to marry a woman unless she is on a high salary
And here I was thinking the requirement for a high salary job was sufficient education and experience, who would've thought it was just virginity.
Pizza_Aliza
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by summerbirdreads)
As a Muslim girl, I didn't know we were so obsessed, I thought we were just following our religion
PERIODT.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Gaddafi)
I have never known a man who had income as a dating related deal breaker.

As I have said many times on these forums, that is a deal breaker for women and homosexuals.
The OP is overthinking it since looks will matter more but they do have a point about the money and income thing.
Gaddafi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The OP is overthinking it since looks will matter more but they do have a point about the money and income thing.
How so?
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's what they've been told forever - that their chastity and their virginity is the value of them as a person and without it they are fallen and sinful, less of a Muslim, less of a person, and won't ever marry well. I have a lot of problems with that ideology but I don't fault them for believing what they've been inculcated with from childhood.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Plenty are not obsessed by their choice about this or anyone else's.
Many female followers of islam do not choose to wait until marriage or have no dealbreaker requiring a potential partner to have this commitment.
Several unmarried female friends of all different religious beliefs and none are committed to waiting until marriage.
While other friends do not support sexual abstinence and will not consider dating or any close involvement with those who do.
summerbirdreads
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
It's what they've been told forever - that their chastity and their virginity is the value of them as a person and without it they are fallen and sinful, less of a Muslim, less of a person, and won't ever marry well. I have a lot of problems with that ideology but I don't fault them for believing what they've been inculcated with from childhood.
PRSOM
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I know dozens of them. :giggle:

Mostly very good looking and demanding trophy husband types.
Some insecure guys that won't marry a girl who earns more than they do or wannabe taxpayers alliance preachers who want to maintain a lot of distance with anyone that claims welfare/lives within a household where nobody works.
A handful of the dreadful lazy jerk types who have never worked a day in their lives or volunteered but give the impression of wanting to be pampered with a luxury lifestyle on someone else's inheritance or paycheck, a bit like a chihuahua with an expensive diamond collar that has its own private chef and is carried around in half a dozen designer handbags purchased for £7,000+.
Gaddafi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
I know dozens of them. :giggle:

Mostly very good looking and demanding trophy husband types.
Some insecure guys that won't marry a girl who earns more than they do or wannabe taxpayers alliance preachers who want to maintain a lot of distance with anyone that claims welfare/lives within a household where nobody works.
A handful of the dreadful lazy jerk types who have never worked a day in their lives or volunteered but give the impression of wanting to be pampered with a luxury lifestyle on someone else's inheritance or paycheck, a bit like a chihuahua with an expensive diamond collar that has its own private chef and is carried around in half a dozen designer handbags purchased for £7,000+.
Are you sure they aren't closet homosexuals

That being said, statistically speaking these types are far rarer then in reverse. You still get many high earning Muslim men who want stay at home wives. OP's statement just isn't grounded in reality.
Gaddafi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
It's a shame that this belief isn't as strong as it's heyday.

Oh well I suppose. No good thing lasts forever and all ideas begin to crumble with the passage of time.
meymey:)
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What is the point of saving yourself for marriage, these days educated muslim men don't even want to marry a woman unless she is on a high salary, Might as well live like a non Muslim, right?
What kind of a question is this even?? Everyone is entitled to their own views and what they do with their body. You can live like a 'non-muslim' if you want whatever your definition of this is but you should respect it if someone wants to follow their religion or personal belief system. Not say that they are 'obsessed'
Besides there are so many muslim girls who dont wait till marriage so not all muslim girls are 'obsessed' and there are non-muslims/ non-religous people who wait till marriage. You're acc being very stereotypical.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Are you sure they aren't closet homosexuals

That being said, statistically speaking these types are far rarer then in reverse. You still get many high earning Muslim men who want stay at home wives. OP's statement just isn't grounded in reality.
You can ask them youself- when you come down to Claygate, Fulham, Guildford, Kingston upon Thames, Southall, Uxbridge and Wimbledon.
Don't bring along your sister or any adult single female relatives with a uk or usa passport- unless you want to see a few practical demonstrations of their interpretation of reasonable force.
summerbirdreads
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by meymey:))
What kind of a question is this even?? Everyone is entitled to their own views and what they do with their body. You can live like a 'non-muslim' if you want whatever your definition of this is but you should respect it if someone wants to follow their religion or personal belief system. Not say that they are 'obsessed'
Besides there are so many muslim girls who dont wait till marriage so not all muslim girls are 'obsessed' and there are non-muslims/ non-religous people who wait till marriage. You're acc being very stereotypical.
Preach
Moonlight Rain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Never heard a Muslim girl be obsessed
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

As I have said many times on these forums, that is a deal breaker for women and homosexuals.
So a male homosexual isn't a man?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (171)
55.7%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (44)
14.33%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (34)
11.07%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (27)
8.79%
I haven't started researching yet (17)
5.54%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
4.56%

Watched Threads