Why are Muslim girls obsessed with virginity?

Watch
meymey:)
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
EXACTLY, thank you!
Gaddafi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I think that male height and income is overstated - mostly by men who feel inadequate and need to find a reason that someone doesn't want to be with them. I'm not saying that there isn't a proportion of women that value this - but it certainly isn't the majority in my experience.

However, a males height does not affect my own height and a males income does not change mine. But a male expecting a female to be a virgin whilst not being one himself brings into question the hypocrisy of your opinion. Are the males to sleep with each other prior to marriage to protect the virtue of the women?
Neither the importance of male height or income is overstated. And those who understand it's importance the most are those who have it and have noticed the differences. I'm not tall (5ft 10) however Allah has certainly been very generous towards me financially and I've definitely noticed the difference. Anyway, rather then looking just at anecdotal experiences we can look at the scientific research. "We found that ratings of attractiveness were around 1000 times more sensitive to salary for females rating males, compared to males rating females."

Regarding the hypocrisy part. Well, morality is ultimately irrelevant in the pursuit of self interest and in the application of market forces. But out of curiosity would you say that women who want men richer then them are being hypocritical? They're also wanting something in a partner that they don't have themselves.
meymey:)
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by asif007)
Nah don't get it wrong. Women want men on a high salary - not the other way round. Somebody mentioned already: a woman's income is not a dealbreaker to men. But a woman's virginity is a big dealbreaker to a man. The reason Muslim girls want to save themselves for marriage is because they know this is what high quality men want. Don't make the mistake of thinking men and women are attracted to the same things, because we are not. By all means you can get run through by as many men as you like, but you will end up destroying your future chances of finding an educated Muslim man for marriage. A man of high status and high income does not want a woman who is either A) fat or B) promiscuous.
These so called "high quality" men arent why muslim girls should be saving their virginity. Its for religion not for men but thats is pretty much a toxic male quality to assume everything is for them.
For starters anyone who is nice regardless of wealth/status wouldnt discriminate someone who is fat. As an example for an educated muslim man whose requirements for marriage is a practicing muslim girl would probably disregards that she isnt a virgin if thats something in the past and her beliefs have now changed. If Allah can forgive then who would he be to hold a grudge? It all falls to a persons own beliefs
There are also many muslim men who arent virgins and dont care if they marry virgins or not, bro we're living in the 21st century you cant just link a group of people with one opinion.
asif007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Gaddafi)
One of the biggest problems with the new generation is their economic illiteracy. For years now I have encouraged us to teach some basic economics and the application of market forces in school. Otherwise we end up with opinions like this.

I'll run through some very basic principles. (1) Almost anything can be viewed as a commodity. Including people. Now the value of a commodity depends entirely upon what a buyer is willing to pay for it. There is no point claiming something is worth X amount if nobody in the open market is willing to pay for that. (2) Qualities that buyers are willing to pay far more for obviously become more valued then other qualities.

This can be seen with how a man's height and income is incredibly valued. Women, the buyers, value these qualities in the commodity - ie men.

Male virginity is worthless because the buyers as a whole do not care about it. Female income and height is worth little because the buyers do not care about.

There is no evil male conspiracy here. If that was the case, then male income and height wouldn't be so valued.
Absolute facts my friend. PRSOM.
sufys12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have never known a man who had income as a dating related deal breaker.

As I have said many times on these forums, that is a deal breaker for women and homosexuals.
prsom
Ferrograd
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Gonna be controversial here, but it’s 2021. Imagine being so preoccupied about “waiting til marriage” and literally just basing your entire life around a man. If you let religion control your life you’re not living life.
asif007
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ferrograd)
Gonna be controversial here, but it’s 2021. Imagine being so preoccupied about “waiting til marriage” and literally just basing your entire life around a man. If you let religion control your life you’re not living life.
Have you ever met an unmarried Muslim girl before? They are OBSESSED with marriage and finding a man.
sufys12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
... the whole point of religion is to control your life so you attain heaven.
TEARSlol
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What is the point of saving yourself for marriage, these days educated muslim men don't even want to marry a woman unless she is on a high salary, Might as well live like a non Muslim, right?
you do realise that it's not about men but for religious reasons... right?
why do you assume it's because of guys?
TEARSlol
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by asif007)
Have you ever met an unmarried Muslim girl before? They are OBSESSED with marriage and finding a man.
you mean the same way other girls want a boyfriend..?
yall only mad coz its Muslim girls I swear
Ferrograd
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by sufys12)
... the whole point of religion is to control your life so you attain heaven.
Why attain heaven when you can just live life on earth lol
sufys12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Why attain heaven when you can just live life on earth lol
To think life on earth even comes close to heaven!
Would you rather have 81 years or so of fun and then eternal pain, or 81 years of mediocrity and everlasting happiness?
Ferrograd
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
To think life on earth even comes close to heaven!
Would you rather have 81 years or so of fun and then eternal pain, or 81 years of mediocrity and everlasting happiness?
You can have fun and still be a good person. You can still have fun and go to heaven.
sufys12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You can have fun and still be a good person. You can still have fun and go to heaven.
Yes but you think having fun involves not following religion to the best of your ability, correct me if I'm wrong? In which case you likely would not go to heaven.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
How so?
All the pretty muslim females I see also tend to have a lot of money
nightingalegend
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by summerbirdreads)
As a Muslim girl, I didn't know we were so obsessed, I thought we were just following our religion
PRSOM!
Ferrograd
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes but you think having fun involves not following religion to the best of your ability, correct me if I'm wrong? In which case you likely would not go to heaven.
Religion is all about interpretation. I suspect very few Muslims actually interpret Islam correctly, or indeed, any one for any religion. Fundamentally, you can be a good person just by not stealing, killing, adultering. Treat others as you wish to be treated. Help the needy. That's it.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by meymey:))
For starters anyone who is nice regardless of wealth/status wouldnt discriminate someone who is fat. As an example for an educated muslim man whose requirements for marriage is a practicing muslim girl would probably disregards that she isnt a virgin if thats something in the past and her beliefs have now changed. If Allah can forgive then who would he be to hold a grudge? It all falls to a persons own beliefs
There are also many muslim men who arent virgins and dont care if they marry virgins or not, bro we're living in the 21st century you cant just link a group of people with one opinion.
Different people have very different attraction dealbreakers, beauty standards and relationship preferences.
A person can't choose or change their attraction dealbreakers regardless of how "nice" they are and may not be sexually attracted to an overweight person in the same way as they wouldn't be sexually attracted to a 99 year old.
A very petite person may choose not to risk dating or getting sexually involved with a guy whose weight is so much heigher that they could accidentally inflict a serious injury without even realising it.

Compatibility is key to a happy and successful close relationship.
Quite a few of my traditionalist religious female friends are waiting until marriage and will only consider marriage to a likeminded guy who shares their values & ambitions.
I support interfaith marriage but don't date religious guys of any religious persuasion or those whose families are practicing followers of islam.
My best friend is a follower of the islamic sect led by the aga khan and has dated guys of a variety of beliefs & backgrounds.
sufys12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Religion is all about interpretation. I suspect very few Muslims actually interpret Islam correctly, or indeed, any one for any religion. Fundamentally, you can be a good person just by not stealing, killing, adultering. Treat others as you wish to be treated. Help the needy. That's it.
No, but you must follow the religion. I can be as good as I want, but if I'm not a Muslim I can never attain heaven since I don't follow the religion ( or another Abrahamic monotheistic religion) while having knowledge of a non-distorted version of it.
One cannot attain heaven simply by being good in your eyes, rather in God's eyes.
(Original post by londonmyst)
Different people have very different attraction dealbreakers, beauty standards and relationship preferences.
A person can't choose or change their attraction dealbreakers regardless of how "nice" they are and may not be sexually attracted to an overweight person in the same way as they wouldn't be sexually attracted to a 99 year old.
A very petite person may choose not to risk dating or getting sexually involved with a guy whose weight is so much heigher that they could accidentally inflict a serious injury without even realising it.

Compatibility is key to a happy and successful close relationship.
Quite a few of my traditionalist religious female friends are waiting until marriage and will only consider marriage to a likeminded guy who shares their values & ambitions.
I support interfaith marriage but don't date religious guys of any religious persuasion or those whose families are practicing followers of islam.
My best friend is a follower of the islamic sect led by the aga khan and has dated guys of a variety of beliefs & backgrounds.
PRSOM. I think I need to be able to rep you more as well
asif007
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TEARSlol)
you mean the same way other girls want a boyfriend..?
yall only mad coz its Muslim girls I swear
The difference being that girls who want a boyfriend want to date and find compatibility first before commitment. Muslim girls on the other hand want to get married yesterday and they want commitment first, compatibility later. It's stupid but it's what Muslim girls have to follow to keep their families happy, and that's how they end up resentful like the OP. They hate the fact they're not allowed to date like lots of non-Muslim girls do. Most young Muslim women these days want a big wedding and a man to provide security and protection for her, but they don't want to take on the responsibility and hard work of a marriage because they already got what they wanted. In my experiences it's usually South Asian girls who are the most entitled and believe they deserve everything from a man but hate doing anything in return. They look for what they can take, not what they can give. Last time I checked, not all South Asian girls are Muslim so your second line is BS.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (224)
56.57%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (50)
12.63%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (45)
11.36%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
9.09%
I haven't started researching yet (23)
5.81%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.55%

Watched Threads