Why are Muslim girls obsessed with virginity?

Watch
aloosayshi
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
They're not obsessed it's just that losing virginity "before marriage" in islam is considered a MAJOR sin. It's punishment according to Islam is "stoning to death" for both guys and girls. So the ones that are true to their religion follow it!
asif007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by aloosayshi)
They're not obsessed it's just that losing virginity "before marriage" in islam is considered a MAJOR sin. It's punishment according to Islam is "stoning to death" for both guys and girls. So the ones that are true to their religion follow it!

When it's a major sin in Islam then why do we have girls like OP complaining "what is the point of saving yourself for marriage"? They very clearly hate that they're forbidden from dating but they want to try it anyway because we live in the UK and dating is part of the culture. Let's be real here - all Muslim girls want commitment from a man, but some of them have wisened up and realised that the best way to do this is to find compatibility first, and that means dating. Some of them have pre-marital sex in secret, then get engaged to make it "halal" to their families, as if there's no hypocrisy in that. I know lots of Muslim couples who did exactly this. Only strong-willed Muslim girls with the most dedication to their religion will actually stay virgin until marriage. The rest will just go along with what non-Muslim girls do: jumping through short-term relationships from one man to another until they finally settle on one, or eventually seeing dating backfire on them and end up looking for an arranged marriage. The OP girl makes it pretty obvious she's heading for an arranged marriage with a man she hates, so she wants to look for herself and see if she can do any better than the men her parents might set her up with. Some Muslim girls can find a man themselves - but most of them won't.
aloosayshi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by asif007)
When it's a major sin in Islam then why do we have girls like OP complaining "what is the point of saving yourself for marriage"? They very clearly hate that they're forbidden from dating but they want to try it anyway because we live in the UK and dating is part of the culture. Let's be real here - all Muslim girls want commitment from a man, but some of them have wisened up and realised that the best way to do this is to find compatibility first, and that means dating. Some of them have pre-marital sex in secret, then get engaged to make it "halal" to their families, as if there's no hypocrisy in that. I know lots of Muslim couples who did exactly this. Only strong-willed Muslim girls with the most dedication to their religion will actually stay virgin until marriage. The rest will just go along with what non-Muslim girls do: jumping through short-term relationships from one man to another until they finally settle on one, or eventually seeing dating backfire on them and end up looking for an arranged marriage. The OP girl makes it pretty obvious she's heading for an arranged marriage with a man she hates, so she wants to look for herself and see if she can do any better than the men her parents might set her up with. Some Muslim girls can find a man themselves - but most of them won't.
For the first half I know, following religion or not is everyone's personal matter but those girls are on fault here, they don't follow the teachings of islam and they WILL be punished in the hereafter. It's just that now a days sadly people have driven away from religion which is actually something to be ashamed but at the same time there are muslims who follow Islam properly as well. So it totally depends on the person but those who commit the sin will surely be punished in the hereafter and will go straight to hell according to Islam. And for the second half love marriage isn't forbidden in Islam. If you like a guy you can tell your parents directly and can get married. It's all about doing things the halal way! (Halal way means without going against the religion in any matter)
Gaddafi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you're unmarried you are to be lashed 70 times.

If you are married and you cheat you are to be stoned.

Unmarried adulterers are never stoned. It would be a huge overstep.

Married adulterers are stoned as it can lead to the impregnation of married women and the creation of false heirs + pollution of blood lines.

Hundreds of thousands of men in the UK are unknowingly raising kids that aren't their's.
aloosayshi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Gaddafi)
If you're unmarried you are to be lashed 70 times.

If you are married and you cheat you are to be stoned.

Unmarried adulterers are never stoned. It would be a huge overstep.

Married adulterers are stoned as it can lead to the impregnation of married women and the creation of false heirs + pollution of blood lines.

Hundreds of thousands of men in the UK are unknowingly raising kids that aren't their's.
Thanks for the correction and clarification!
asif007
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
For the first half I know, following religion or not is everyone's personal matter but those girls are on fault here, they don't follow the teachings of islam and they WILL be punished in the hereafter. It's just that now a days sadly people have driven away from religion which is actually something to be ashamed but at the same time there are muslims who follow Islam properly as well. So it totally depends on the person but those who commit the sin will surely be punished in the hereafter and will go straight to hell according to Islam. And for the second half love marriage isn't forbidden in Islam. If you like a guy you can tell your parents directly and can get married. It's all about doing things the halal way! (Halal way means without going against the religion in any matter)
I've heard of love marriage, doing things the halal way and telling parents directly. But it's such a rarity where I come from that it's easy to believe it doesn't happen at all. All the Muslim couples I know (in my generation, not elders) got together in exactly the way I described. Meet each other at parties, get drunk, have lots of sex, stay together for a few years, get engaged then married. My friend and his girlfriend (both Muslims) did this, have been together 3 years and are now engaged. In the past I've seen Muslim girls wearing hijabs during the day then taking them off at night to go clubbing, drink alcohol and take boys home. The hypocrisy is very real and it's easy to see that lots of Muslim girls lead double lives in order to get commitment from a man they want. We all know that girls hate settling, so lots of girls see arranged marriage as a last resort in case they fail to find a man themselves. Which is why so many of them hate the thought of arranged marriage and want to move away from it, whether their parents agree or not.
Gaddafi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
In the past I've seen Muslim girls wearing hijabs during the day then taking them off at night to go clubbing, drink alcohol and take boys home.
I remember the first time I went to a club. I was shocked to see a hijabi kissing a lad and that was the moment I found out about the phememon of hoejabis :lol: I eventually came to realise that was nothing compared to what some of them do.

I've since became religous but in a way I'm glad about the past. I probably would have went along thinking that all hijabis are pious angels.
asif007
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I remember the first time I went to a club. I was shocked to see a hijabi kissing a lad and that was the moment I found out about the phememon of hoejabis :lol: I eventually came to realise that was nothing compared to what some of them do.

I've since became religous but in a way I'm glad about the past. I probably would have went along thinking that all hijabis are pious angels.
Haha, I was shocked too. I agree it's an eye-opening experience and it basically taught me to watch what girls do instead of listening to the narrative they try to sell you. Actions speak louder than words. These same girls would walk around uni all day hanging out only with other Muslims, talking about religion and the Quran all the time - then I would see them without hijabs wearing short skirts on a Friday night. The irony is hilarious.

I found the show Citizen Khan really funny because the younger daughter Alia is written so well. Most hijabi girls in Birmingham are exactly like her - they have built a reputation for being promiscuous outside the house, then coming home to oblivious parents who don't know any better.
aloosayshi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've heard of love marriage, doing things the halal way and telling parents directly. But it's such a rarity where I come from that it's easy to believe it doesn't happen at all. All the Muslim couples I know (in my generation, not elders) got together in exactly the way I described. Meet each other at parties, get drunk, have lots of sex, stay together for a few years, get engaged then married. My friend and his girlfriend (both Muslims) did this, have been together 3 years and are now engaged. In the past I've seen Muslim girls wearing hijabs during the day then taking them off at night to go clubbing, drink alcohol and take boys home. The hypocrisy is very real and it's easy to see that lots of Muslim girls lead double lives in order to get commitment from a man they want. We all know that girls hate settling, so lots of girls see arranged marriage as a last resort in case they fail to find a man themselves. Which is why so many of them hate the thought of arranged marriage and want to move away from it, whether their parents agree or not.
Man idk what to say, that's so sad. The thing is, As to the saying of the Prophet (peace be upon him): “A committer of Zina (sexual intercourse outside marriage), when he commits Zina, does not commit it while he is a believer; and he does not drink Khamr (intoxicant), when he drinks it, while he is a believer…,” So at the end i won't call them believers of Islam they're "kaafir". May God guide and forgive them.
aloosayshi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Haha, I was shocked too. I agree it's an eye-opening experience and it basically taught me to watch what girls do instead of listening to the narrative they try to sell you. Actions speak louder than words. These same girls would walk around uni all day hanging out only with other Muslims, talking about religion and the Quran all the time - then I would see them without hijabs wearing short skirts on a Friday night. The irony is hilarious.

I found the show Citizen Khan really funny because the younger daughter Alia is written so well. Most hijabi girls in Birmingham are exactly like her - they have built a reputation for being promiscuous outside the house, then coming home to oblivious parents who don't know any better.
Omg and i was shook here watching Nadia im elite lmao. Never thought it would be this common ugh. ps since I'm from a muslim country.
aloosayshi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ferrograd)
Gonna be controversial here, but it’s 2021. Imagine being so preoccupied about “waiting til marriage” and literally just basing your entire life around a man. If you let religion control your life you’re not living
That's how you view it. There are things other than pre marital sex and alcohol to live and enjoy life. Religion does'nt stops you from enjoying and living life lmao. Plus even if what you were saying had a tiny bit of reality 'If you let religion control your life you’re not living' then if you're living life in this temporary world not letting religion control you, you're destroying the hereafter for you which is eternal.
summerbirdreads
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
You are such a hypocrite since you have sex with white girls and get drunk. Here you are hating on muslim girls who have sex and get drunk.
it's okay when the boys do it! don't you know that?
Last edited by summerbirdreads; 1 week ago
Anonymous #8
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by summerbirdreads)
It's the same thing.
summerbirdreads
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's the same thing.
I know. I was being sarcastic
Gaddafi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You are such a hypocrite since you have sex with white girls and get drunk. Here you are hating on muslim girls who have sex and get drunk.
Often a hypocrite is merely a man in the midst of change.

I remember being so shocked at the acts of "religous", mosque going, hijabis that I went to the local Imam and after narrating everything I said "Qari Sahb, the women are out of control. Do something about the women!" Bless the old man's soul, he laughed and said "Qazzafi look at your own life first."

Not too long after that I returned to the way that Allah decreed. 10 years after that, his daughter got pregnant out of wedlock and got an abortion.

Had he listened to the advice of a hypocrite, he could have avoided a lot of shame in his community...
Gaddafi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Of course, there is a key difference between the two.

If you reject a Muslim man over a lack of virginity ..he will just say OK and move onto finding someone else.

Reject a Muslim women over a lack of virginity and she will give you a great feminist rant as if she is entitled to a relationship.

There seems to be a huge difference in terms of entitlement.
meymey:)
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
IKR!! its so frustrating
summerbirdreads
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by meymey:))
IKR!! its so frustrating
Duh! but it's culture more than Islam stupid ****ed up South Asian culture
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Often a hypocrite is merely a man in the midst of change.

I remember being so shocked at the acts of "religous", mosque going, hijabis that I went to the local Imam and after narrating everything I said "Qari Sahb, the women are out of control. Do something about the women!" Bless the old man's soul, he laughed and said "Qazzafi look at your own life first."

Not too long after that I returned to the way that Allah decreed. 10 years after that, his daughter got pregnant out of wedlock and got an abortion.

Had he listened to the advice of a hypocrite, he could have avoided a lot of shame in his community...
yeah but women arent to be controlled. he said the right thing as it really isnt your business to be 'doing something about the women' for gods sake.
if this qari sahb was so religous and has so much knowledge then why didnt he teach his daughter about islam so she followed it for herself and allah rather than rebelling at the first chance she got? also often allah tests a person through their children so you shouldnt say stuff like that bc that shame could have bought him closer to allah. also what would he have done by listening to the advice of a hypocrite? locked his daughter up??
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Duh! but it's culture more than Islam stupid ****ed up South Asian culture
yup its all culture since islam has the same punishments for men and women who commit zina or adultery.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (211)
56.57%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (50)
13.4%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (41)
10.99%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
8.85%
I haven't started researching yet (22)
5.9%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
4.29%

Watched Threads